Alternative Auto question

Damascus Cobra

2003 RedFire Convertible
Established Member
Hello... I've purchased a 2003 Cobra 'vert from the Detroit area that has had the complete "Cobra Performance Package" installed by Alternative Auto/Lidio:

This '03 Cobra Performance Package consists of:

Smaller upper blower pulley for a 3.5 - 4 psi boost increase
K&N Filter charger kit
Flowmaster 40 series Delta-Flo mufflers custom installed and welded in place
Alternative Auto custom chip - to accommodate the increased boost, turn cooling fan on earlier and additional calibration enhancements
Dyno time before and after all work has been performed to validate performance gains and fine tune custom chip
Total cost of this package fully installed with parts is $1395.00.

Even More Power
For an additional gain of about 15-20 more Rear-Wheel-horsepower, putting an ’03-04 Cobra at an easy 450-460 RWHP - a Bassani X-pipe with two high-flow cats can be installed to further compliment the above entry level package.
The Bassani X-pipe with cat’s is an additional $625.00 installed.

Can anyone direct me to a link with a sound clip of this exhaust set-up? I'm travelling to Detroit next week to finalize things but cannot wait!

Also, does this exhaust set-up retain the stock exhaust tips? It appears that the Flowmaster 40's are a replacement for the cans only...

What are your thoughts on the AA Cobra Performace Package?

Thanks in advance!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Good choice going with alternative. Lidio will take care of you. I like the package, but I'd say delete the cats (if you don't get emissions tested) and step up the a real CB exhaust. I'd recommend Borla (non-Stinger), Bassani, Magnaflow in that order. You'll be best to call Lidio and talk to him directly--great customer service. Good luck man, J

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
I agree with J
Get a real x-pipe and catback and go from there.
We should set something up when your in town so we can hookup.
I see your a MACA member already, So you will have lots of support and help from those guys.
You may also want to think about some cooling mods the Summer heat drags these cars down big time.

JP :beer:

Damascus Cobra

2003 RedFire Convertible
Established Member
JP said:
I agree with J
Get a real x-pipe and catback and go from there.
We should set something up when your in town so we can hookup.
I see your a MACA member already, So you will have lots of support and help from those guys.
You may also want to think about some cooling mods the Summer heat drags these cars down big time.

JP :beer:

I'm coming up on Wednesday, July 6 to go over the car in Royal Oak. ??? The Bassani X-pipe is not a "real x-pipe"? Looking for suggestions... thanks!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Damascus Cobra said:
I'm coming up on Wednesday, July 6 to go over the car in Royal Oak. ??? The Bassani X-pipe is not a "real x-pipe"? Looking for suggestions... thanks!
No, the bassani is as real as it gets, one of the originals. Do you have to pass emissions? If not, get the 'real' X-pipe...a bassani off-road (no cats). :thumbsup: haha

I see a plan forming....pic car up on the 6th, have the parts/tune done the 7th, make some passes on the way home at FFW Norwalk on the 8th.
:rockon:
BTW..Lidio did mine tuning. You'll enjoy the 450-460 RWHP he quotes.
:burnout:
Good luck man, J

Damascus Cobra

2003 RedFire Convertible
Established Member
Thanks J... which Borla CB would you go with? I've "searched" and read so many posts it's crazy... too many opinions... most swear by the Borla Stinger. If not the Borla Stinger, which non-Stinger Borla should I go with?

Also, since you've dealt with Lidio... if I change to the real cat back system (I assume that the Alternative Auto Package is the Flowmaster mufflers only...), do I need to have Lidio re-tune the car to account for the cat back system?

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
i have stingers. they sound great, but if you plan on adding a mid-pipe, they will be too loud. way too loud.

Blksnke

Established Member
i put on the Bassani x and cat backs with a KN CAI and went from a Dave's dyno stock of 375 to Alternative dyno of 405. :burnout:

But then my daughter asked after I had done this "when are you putting on your new exhaust" :(

After i got her behind the car she said "I guess you did" after rubbing her ears :D

Damascus Cobra

2003 RedFire Convertible
Established Member
hey motor city terminators:

i've had the cobra for almost a year now and LOVE it! i've been hit by the mod bug and have added the borla 14858, MM FLSFC, BF IRS brace, MGW, H&R Race, etc. The car is a blast! 12.52 @ 118 on street tires with a first time track driver - me.

a follow up question on alternative auto: which 2.8 upper manufacturer does lidio use with his set up?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Damascus Cobra said:
a follow up question on alternative auto: which 2.8 upper manufacturer does lidio use with his set up?

Not sure what upper Lidio uses...but you can't go wrong with a Billetflow 2.76. Almost every pullied Terminator in our club uses Billetflow! :rockon: :burnout:

Contact Doug for any info on BF products.

Blue03

Established Member
Snakebite said:
Not sure what upper Lidio uses...but you can't go wrong with a Billetflow 2.76. Almost every pullied Terminator in our club uses Billetflow! :rockon: :burnout:

Contact Doug for any info on BF products.

Ditto on this. Billetflow makes the BEST pullies, period. Call Doug as suggested. You won't find a better guy to deal with. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread