Alternator 2010 gt500

jason shampy

Established Member
My alternator is going in my shelby. Tried searching for info but found nothing recent. What do you guys recommend? Ford does not carry anything that old anymore and want to get something reliable. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
My alternator is going in my shelby. Tried searching for info but found nothing recent. What do you guys recommend? Ford does not carry anything that old anymore and want to get something reliable. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Recent path traveled by a member replacing an alternator on a 2010

XP900

Established Member
I am very happy with the Mechman I bought for my 2010. No issues...way more than enough amperage and higher voltages at idling....no more worries. I rewired the grounds and main power cables with the new alt and it was worth the effort. I no longer have any anxiety over power issues. Read through the Nations Alternator link above to make sure any new alt is lined up correctly when installed to prevent any belt or bearing wear. Just bolting it in tightly may allow it to be off slightly (1/8'" +) due to slop in the mouting alt holes. I had to force mine in place with one hand while bolting it up with the other to keep it aligned and parallel with the other pulleys.

Users who are viewing this thread