Alternator died/Positive outcome

RixSikcobra04

Sup guys?

I'm just passing on this little story because today it my birthday(golf clap)...but it started out lookin' like it was gonna be a bad day.

Couple of days ago I noticed a slight electrical odor. I checked everything and couldn't find anything wrong, so I just chalked it up as another Cobra smell/sound thing. Car ran fine so I didn't think too much of it. 2 days ago the battery light came on briefly and went back off in about 20 minutes.

Outta mind, outta sight, right?......"Earth to Rick, maybe you DO IN FACT have an electrical issue".

Well, this morning I'm comin' off of shift ready to enjoy my birthday and the car starts sputterin' pretty good while on the freeway. All the dashlights are goin' nuts, dim lights, radio's jacked up, etc. Rick you have an electrical probem, probably the alternator(duh, no $hit). Well, I guess ignoring the problem didn't fare well for me this time. Car wouldn't start, dead as Al Capone.

So I get towed to a local Ford dealership and this is where my fortunes change. The service advisor was a tall blonde chick who loves guys in red Cobras(JK, sounds good though, huh?)...Anyways, actually, the service advisor is a totally cool dude...who happens to own a nice 03. I basically spill the beans about ALL of my mods including my stereo system becasue I honestly didn't have time for run arounds. They had my car fixed in 3 hrs...UNDER WARRANTY, no questions asked. I asked him "what about the mods". After a brief shoulder shrug, he said obviously not a problem and I was on my way.

Happy Birthday to me. Not all Ford dealerships are asses. If anyone in my area wants to know who it was, pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaelin

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
Sup guys?
Happy Birthday to me. Not all Ford dealerships are asses. If anyone in my area wants to know who it was, pm me.

Does practically being your next door neighbor count as 'in my area'? :D

PM that dealer.. I KNOW it wasn't Shamrock. :mj:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Right on. Future Ford in Roseville did the same for me when I had my mods on. They always took pretty good care of me over there. One time when my rearend went out on my '01 Cobra they slapped in a set of 4.30 gears for me FREE since they didn't have a rental car available. I was quite happy.

RixSikcobra04

Thanx for all of the Birthday relpies :thumbsup:

VAELIN, yeah, we definitely be neighbors. You are correct in that it WAS NOT Shamrock. Those guys are funny at Shamrock :rolleyes: . The only cool guy left for Concord/Future Ford.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Did yours make a whinning noise before it bit the dust? I have a new whine (sounds like a low power steering pump), and using a mechanics stethascope it appears to be loudest at the alternator. It appears that these cars do not have a strong alternator in them...

Thanks,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread