Alternator ready to give up the ghost?

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
I am experiencing a flashing of the traction control light even though I am not spinning wheels. It happens at speed (cruising at 75MPH) and does so even under very slight acceleration. I also get a bad hesitation. The hesitation is possibly related to the car adjusting to the false "loss of traction" signal. I will start with checking/replacing the ABS sensors and hardware. I just want to make sure that this wasn't a sysmptom of the faulty alternators. It appears to be the culprit in other cars.

Blueline

Established Member
One of the t/c sensors may be going bad or went bad. Get under the rear of the car. Locate the axles where they go into the rear diff. housing. You will see one ring at the end of each axle. Make sure the ring is not loose or cockeyed. The you will see a sensor that "reads" that ring as it spins. The sensor looks like a small black piece of plastic held on by one bolt. Wipe the sensor clean and make sure it is not loose. After you check both sides try driving the car again. Also check the boots on the axles and make sure they are not ripped flinging grease all over these sensors. Let us know how you make out.

Users who are viewing this thread