aluminator N/A

holzmach

Established Member
i was wondering what kind of numbers a guy could get with the aluminator N/A set-up and some spray. i would like to not use forced induction.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
i was wondering what kind of numbers a guy could get with the aluminator N/A set-up and some spray. i would like to not use forced induction.
Spray IS forced induction! Just not full time. Why go to the expense of an Aluminator motor, when the stock Mach 1 motor handles spray up to a 150 shot pretty well? I used it on my stock motor for over 4 years and never experienced any problems. I was getting almost 425rwhp and over 500rwtq out of a NX 125 shot.

holzmach

Established Member
Spray IS forced induction! Just not full time. Why go to the expense of an Aluminator motor, when the stock Mach 1 motor handles spray up to a 150 shot pretty well? I used it on my stock motor for over 4 years and never experienced any problems. I was getting almost 425rwhp and over 500rwtq out of a NX 125 shot.

i already have the zex wet kit. want bigger numbers for the future.

i dont agree with nitrous being forced induction because nothing is being forced in, the air is being enrichend. nitrous is nothing untill it is heated up and the oxygen separates from the nitrogen. that happens in the combustion chamber and all the extra oxygen makes for a really nice explosion. i dont see how that is called forced induction. nothing is being compressed and forced into the chamber like a turbo and super charger. the principle with a turbo or charger is like throwing pop cans in a trash can, that would be without a charger, compared to crunching them up and then forcing them in the trash can.

there is no point to nit picking online, spray=FI or not I dont care, that part of your post had nothing to do with my thread.

Last edited:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member

i dont agree with nitrous being forced induction because nothing is being forced in, the air is being enrichend. nitrous is nothing untill it is heated up and the oxygen separates from the nitrogen. that happens in the combustion chamber and all the extra oxygen makes for a really nice explosion. i dont see how that is called forced induction. nothing is being compressed and forced into the chamber like a turbo and super charger. the principle with a turbo or charger is like throwing pop cans in a trash can, that would be without a charger, compared to crunching them up and then forcing them in the trash can.

there is no point to nit picking online, spray=FI or not I dont care, that part of your post had nothing to do with my thread.

A paragraph to say a sentence worth :poke: ...just messing with you. :beer: You don't see too many Mach's being built N/A.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member

Whatever. You have a good day.

scotmach

Established Member

Nice way to introduce yourself here.:dw:

And one ride in my car would have you rethinking the fourced induction route.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Nice way to introduce yourself here.:dw:

And one ride in my car would have you rethinking the fourced induction route.
Were you able to keep the shaker and mount it to the Whipple? One of the reasons I went with the KB was because they included the brackets for mounting the shaker to the blower. I would have preferred to have the Whipple, but didn't want to get into fabricating brackets and making alignment adjustments with the hood, etc. :beer:

scotmach

Established Member
Were you able to keep the shaker and mount it to the Whipple? One of the reasons I went with the KB was because they included the brackets for mounting the shaker to the blower. I would have preferred to have the Whipple, but didn't want to get into fabricating brackets and making alignment adjustments with the hood, etc. :beer:

I could have kept the shaker mounted to the Whipple but didn't want to cover it up so I mounted it to the bottom of the hood. Keep in mind the Kenne Bell is made to fit the Mach while the Whipple has to utilize the 03-04 Cobra belt system to work.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
I could have kept the shaker mounted to the Whipple but didn't want to cover it up so I mounted it to the bottom of the hood. Keep in mind the Kenne Bell is made to fit the Mach while the Whipple has to utilize the 03-04 Cobra belt system to work.
Thanks for the info. The Aluminator S/C long block that I have shipped with the 03/04 Cobra front cover, so I could have gone either way. Since I decided on the KB, we swapped over my stock front cover and went with the single belt system.

Users who are viewing this thread