Aluminium block VS cast iron block

Yellow cobra

Established Member
What do you think gays, i've been told that the alum.block for the 96,97 cobra is more better then the cast iron 03,04 block & and FORD stopped the producation of the alum.block because of the cost ??:shrug:

But I think is the alum.block colder & lighter.

wheelhopper

Established Member
^Did you just get off the boat? Your spelling/grammar sucks. And why do you only want to get responses from the gays?

03kbredfire

Established Member
wheelhopper said:
^Did you just get off the boat? Your spelling/grammar sucks. And why do you only want to get responses from the gays?

LOL:lol: I do not know about the aluminum being colder that iron but it is lighter.

astippich

Established Member
Yellow cobra said:
What do you think gays, i've been told that the alum.block for the 96,97 cobra is more better then the cast iron 03,04 block & and FORD stopped the producation of the alum.block because of the cost ??:shrug:

But I think is the alum.block colder & lighter.
I thin the alum.block is muches more better

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
wheelhopper said:
^Did you just get off the boat?

Did you even look at his location?

Yellow Cobra, the teksid Aluminum block will save you ~70lbs and yes i hear they are very strong.

-Mike

PS i just left Qatar a week ago, 2.5 years was enough for me. :burn:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
wheelhopper said:

with responses like yours, apparently he found a few gays to answer.

The aluminum blocks used from 96-99 were cast by Teksid. They have a reputation for being incredibly strong, much more so than the ones ford cast in-house for the 01 cobra.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
94-mid year 99 to be excat. I have even heard some up to 01 have had a Teskid blick in Cobras.
Yes the Teskid block is the pimp of blocks. It can be found in 94+ Linclon Mark 8's only and Cobras 96-99+
Verry strong due to high nickel content in block and structual design of block its self. They are called "Teskid" blocks because they were cast in a plant in Teskid, Italy. Also weighs about 80lbs less than iron block...

What's not to like? :beer:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
ugotbit03 said:
94-mid year 99 to be excat. I have even heard some up to 01 have had a Teskid blick in Cobras.
Yes the Teskid block is the pimp of blocks. It can be found in 94+ Linclon Mark 8's only and Cobras 96-99+
Verry strong due to high nickel content in block and structual design of block its self. They are called "Teskid" blocks because they were cast in a plant in Teskid, Italy. Also weighs about 80lbs less than iron block...

What's not to like? :beer:

good call....forgot about the mark viii's. btw, it's teksid. not teskid.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Hes just asking a simple question and you know what he means, so quit giving him shit and just give him an answer instead of being smartasses.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
wheelhopper said:
speak for yourself.:smmon:

considering I've got a teksid block sitting in my brother's garage waiting to be this winter's project for my car, yeah, I'll go ahead and speak on the subject. If you don't have anything useful to add, just stop posting. It really is that simple.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Ford is actually making a new replacement aluminum 4.6 block that could become a popular item for us Terminator folks. Taking 75-80 lbs off of the front ends of these cars is a huge modification that would significantly improve performance.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Ford is actually making a new replacement aluminum 4.6 block that could become a popular item for us Terminator folks. Taking 75-80 lbs off of the front ends of these cars is a huge modification that would significantly improve performance.
:beer:

I'd try to find a Teksid though for half the price.

Yellow cobra

Established Member
:read:
wheelhopper said:

Are u anengilsh Teacher ?

I think you got the point.Mr. fat

And thank you guys

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Teksid so far is the absolute best 4.6 block you can get. It is durable enought to meet anyone's power needs, and is substantially lighter than the iron block. Just stay away from the WAP aluminum blocks.

-Jeff

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Teksid so far is the absolute best 4.6 block you can get. It is durable enought to meet anyone's power needs, and is substantially lighter than the iron block. Just stay away from the WEP aluminum blocks.

-Jeff
Jeff, it's a WAP block actually and MMR uses them and I know of 600+hp street-driven KB powered cars using them with no issues. I don't know about the alloy composition compared to the Teksid, but from what I saw design/ quality wise (casting structure, main caps, etc) they seem to be well engineered and produced.

Users who are viewing this thread