Aluminum 1 piece driveshaft question

RARESNAKE

Established Member
What's the best and most reliable brand? Anybody use a shaft master? I also read about denote his having a balance issue and driveshaft is better? What are everyone's opinion?

For a 2007 Gt500

Thanks in advance

shelby2

Established Member
I have the Dynotech 1pc aluminum drive shaft, and love it! No vibration works like a charm, and looks amazing. It's a piece of art, really looks neat, shame no one sees it. image.jpeg
Mark:burnout:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I had a Drive Shaft Shop aluminum 1-piece then upgraded to their carbon fiber one. No issues since.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
What driveshaft RPM / speed is the aluminum driveshaft rated for? From what I've read, the stock unit was the main reason top speed was limited to 155mph. They make the stock one 44lbs, yet with all that weight, it's not even strong enough for a decent launch on a prepped track.

phinhead34

Established Member
Rated up to 9500 RPM and weighing about 19lbs.
1.1350 front u-joint with flange to mount up to the transmission
2. 3.5” 6061-T6 aluminum rated for 3450ft lbs of torque, custom welded on our auto feed machines
3. New version 300M Spline for the CV mount that is stronger than the rest of the shaft
4. Custom modified High Speed 108mm CV with special boot and grease.
5. Custom conversion plate (corrosion plated) to change from the stock Ford CV to our 108mm version
6. All Hardware included
7. 1 Year Warranty
8. 900HP Rated
9. Balanced on one of the most sophisticated balancing machines in the industry.
10. with the CV in the rear there is no need to change pinion angle on lowered cars.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Did you have an issue with the aluminum one?

My aluminum one was one of the ones that came with a bad CV joint. Instead of dealing with a repair, I opted to trade it in for one of the CF shafts. My CV joint went out EARLY after the install (like, almost immediately), so they worked with me and let me get the CF shaft for just the difference in price between the aluminum and CF.

Users who are viewing this thread