aluminum race pedals for the R?

Andy M

Established Member
Anyone install aluminum pedals in the R?? if so, what brand/model/etc?? do you like them? besides enhancing the looks from within the car? do you find them beneficial for track use??

Also, Kevin, Joe, anyone else?

Any of you figure out how to get the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal more even to aid in heel and toe downshifting?

TIA!!

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
Anyone install aluminum pedals in the R?? if so, what brand/model/etc?? do you like them? besides enhancing the looks from within the car? do you find them beneficial for track use??

Also, Kevin, Joe, anyone else?

Any of you figure out how to get the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal more even to aid in heel and toe downshifting?

TIA!!

There was a article on the Corral or a site like that, that had a step by step process on how to do the pedal mod. Anybody have a link? If nothing pops up on that, I will do some looking tonight, Andy

Brian

XLR8-R

Established Member
I made a spacer that goes between the gas pedal bracket and the floor, about 1/2 inch thick. Easy to do, just remove two bolts 15mm? and make a spacer. There is enough threads on the studs. Doesn't get the brake and gas even, but closer and easier to drive this way. Also, seems easier to put the pedal to the floor, not wondering if it's floored all the way.

Carter

Cobra-R

Established Member
Thanks Brian!!

Have you or anyone else with a 2000 R done this mod?? if so, results please?

Kevin has, I believe he was satisfied with it. I believe he has run at least two events since doing the mod.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Dean99CobraV

Are you sure? Has he run or just been there with his car? :D:D:D:D

Well, we could ask him how he likes it when he backs the car out of the trailer and drives it to the mechanic.:bash:

kevin

LOL!! This is getting ugly ..... Kevin, you gonna take this abuse without a rebuttal??!!

i have done the spacer fix. couldn't heel/toe before but can now. moved the gas one inch closer to brake pedal.

fairly easy to do if your a contortinist(sp). if ya go under the hood and pull on the throttle cable, you'll see how much slack there is (a lot). raising the pedal off the floor doesn't seem to give any more gas to the engine.

as for ugly. i've done two more events since ra and the car worked great (except for the brake failure). the throttle fix is a good one and works very well.

the link is the right one. the photo looks a little wierd, but then i don't even know how someone got a camera under there to take the pic.

i offered the pieces to those "other" guys at ra. no one took me up on it. i guess they didn't want me to "touch" their cars.

Users who are viewing this thread