alumnastar fit?

BilletProShop

Established Member
Last edited:

19chrome98

Established Member
dunno about the fronts but i can tell you that the 15x10 will not fit any GT500 WITHOUT going to a smaller brake set-up like the one we offer,
and that is a fact , you may think that the smaller 07-12 brakes will do but they will not

http://www.billetproshop.com/product/lightweight-brake-relocation-kit/

I already have your brake kit, swaybar relo brackets and 15x10 wheels, i really like the alumnastars and was hoping somebody is using them to know what size spacer is needed.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm almost 100% certain that you have to run 18's up front with the 6 piston front brakes, if you have the 4 piston front brakes than you can run a 17 inch wheel. Maybe with a wheel spacer on the front you could get away with the 17's.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
18x5" Darkstars bolt right up, I believe 17" RTS will work with a spacer, but I don't know any 17s with exception of Bogarts that have a welded on spacer that bolt on.
-J

Nickoli

Established Member
dunno about the fronts but i can tell you that the 15x10 will not fit any GT500 WITHOUT going to a smaller brake set-up like the one we offer,
and that is a fact , you may think that the smaller 07-12 brakes will do but they will not

http://www.billetproshop.com/product/lightweight-brake-relocation-kit/

What do you mean by that? I bought the '12 bracket and rotors and a swaybar relocation kit a week after I got my '13 in late 2012. 15x10 race stars have been fine for 3 years now. I probably would have went with your kit if it was available back then.

BilletProShop

Established Member
What do you mean by that? I bought the '12 bracket and rotors and a swaybar relocation kit a week after I got my '13 in late 2012. 15x10 race stars have been fine for 3 years now. I probably would have went with your kit if it was available back then.
Racestars no problem but the weld wheels will not clear. It's the sole reason why we made this kit.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Racestars no problem but the weld wheels will not clear. It's the sole reason why we made this kit.

Exactly, people need to realize same dimensions (ex-17x10") doesn't mean same fit.
Inner barrel dimension can vary greatly between manufacturers and even between product lines--example a Weld Prostar might fit but an RTS doesn't.
That's why you have to check and forums like this can help you know before you buy.
Also as a few members here found out, tape up those pretty front Brembos before you test fit and scratch them.
As I mentioned, from what I've personally tested, the Darkstars in 18x5 and 10.5" are direct bolt-ons.
The 17x4.5 Racestar from a friends '11GT and my brothers replica 18x10" Bullitts didn't fit.
Sylvani--do you still have those Bogarts? If they are the ones that bolt onto '13-14 fronts like Birdoc had, I'll buy them.
-J

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Had some time to see if the alumistar's would fit and they didn't which I didn't think they would.
image_zpsubhwalyc.jpg

image_zps8muty6d7.jpg

image_zpsewfdkwtt.jpg

But I wish they would cuz I already had some and they look really good.
image_zpssgkv4l0e.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for trying them on! Really apriciate it! i wonder if longer studs and spacer will work, it probably push wheels too far out though.

Agreed, if possible I'd love to run that wheel.
RTS wheels can be ordered with different offset/pad heights for clearance, but would be great to know if say a 1/2" spacer allows the wheels above to fit and where that puts it to the fender?
I installed FRPP hubs with 3" studs to allow spacers and as long as the RTS doesn't stick out to much with the required spacer distance, it would be good to know.
04white SVT:
Thanks for posting. Any spacers or way to see how large a spacer would let them clear? What offset on your RTS?
Car and brakes a big freaking blower look great!
-J
:beer:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Thanks for trying them on! Really apriciate it! i wonder if longer studs and spacer will work, it probably push wheels too far out though.
No problem I was wondering if they would fit my self.
Agreed, if possible I'd love to run that wheel.
RTS wheels can be ordered with different offset/pad heights for clearance, but would be great to know if say a 1/2" spacer allows the wheels above to fit and where that puts it to the fender?
I installed FRPP hubs with 3" studs to allow spacers and as long as the RTS doesn't stick out to much with the required spacer distance, it would be good to know.
04white SVT:
Thanks for posting. Any spacers or way to see how large a spacer would let them clear? What offset on your RTS?
Car and brakes a big freaking blower look great!
-J
:beer:

Thanks, My alumastars are 2.25 backspace i have long arp studs and a bunch of different spacers I'll mess with it a little more this week end and let you guys know what I come up with.

carguy19

Established Member
I think the 17 alumastars fit with a spacer. I saw a 1-2 cars running them at the track. Pretty sure they were stock brakes.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I run the 18" rts wheels up front and I run a 1/8" spacer just for peace of mind because they were so damn close to the caliper.

0303141338_zps53288e5c.jpg

0303141338a_zps5557b8f5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread