Am I safe?

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Been thinking lately about switching to e85 but am I safe with current mods?
2.76 upper, 2lb lower, steig stage 4 port, cai, 60lb injectors, kb bap, modified zone 5 fpdm, gt fuel pumps, o/r hpipe, magnaflow cb, and tr6 plugs. Could I just run gas very low, swap fuel filters and get tune to switch to e85 or should I do some thing else? Ie 80 pounders and someone told me I should run dual fpdms? Thanks for any help:beer:

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
80lbers wouldn't hurt but I think you may be able to pull the 60s off. You wouldn't even have to change the filter. Search "e85 fuel filter". 04sleeper cut one of his open after a couple thousand miles and it looked brand new (think it was him). But i would recommend changing the filter out a frequently after you switch a few times. And ya emptying your tank is a good idea.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I thought I seen that and I watched a video about the chevy tahoe comparison and the filter looked better than regular gas. I was screwing around the other night and a cobra with only posi race port and 2.76 upper, cai and catback running 80lbers with e85 pulled me. So I think its time to run e85. I do believe by the time I ran him my car was getting heat soaked but still :shrug:

Teej281

Established Member
Heat soak isnt near as much an issue with running E85 as what it used to be. I think you'd be ok with the 60's. You have plenty of fuel there so uping base pressure can help. Posi was running twin GT's with 60's and he maxxed out his setup in the 530's or 540's rwhp, but he is running it through an auto. So I think you'll be golden.

Users who are viewing this thread