Am I under tuned for my setup?

jackwabbit703

Hey fellas,

My 94 Cobra has been stroked out to 331 with complete forge internals, 175 heads with E303 cam. For exhaust, shorty headers, H pipes and flowmaster super 10. I have 255 fuel pumps/rail and 60lb injectors. I am running PS1C with 3.7 pulley with intercooler but only boosting 6 pounds. However, I am on stock block. I see so many 5.0 pushrods making more rwhp then I have on this forum. When they did the tune, my motor had 5K miles on fresh rebuild and 415 rwhp and 416 torque was the final numbers. It is safe tune they call it.

Do you guys think it's little undertuned for the setup? I've read even on stock 5.0, 450rwhp is not an issue. I have Anderson Power Pipe and 3 inch cowl hood coming this week and thinking about getting it retuned by a different tuner in few weeks. Anyone know a good tuner in Northern Va area?

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Id feel safe pushing it some more and ya, 450 is what I was always told. I've seen plenty go way past that but I'd rather be safe.

I put the power pipe on my blown fox way back and I picked up some boost.

jackwabbit703

Id feel safe pushing it some more and ya, 450 is what I was always told. I've seen plenty go way past that but I'd rather be safe.

I put the power pipe on my blown fox way back and I picked up some boost.

MG thanks for the reply. I think I just had a bad tuner or he was afraid to add more timing. Did u get a retune after the power pipe or just ran it without one. Some people say needs a tune because of increased air flow and some people say it's not need it.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
MG thanks for the reply. I think I just had a bad tuner or he was afraid to add more timing. Did u get a retune after the power pipe or just ran it without one. Some people say needs a tune because of increased air flow and some people say it's not need it.

I would go with the safe bet and get a retune personally. It is always better to be safe then sorry!

MG0h3

Established Member

I didnt get a retune. I was still on a FMU at that time and knew I was rich.

Since you are tuned Id go in if you see an increase in psi.

Users who are viewing this thread