Amazing race.. I think not!

jason004

Established Member
So they had the 5.0 as a challenge on the show Amazing race. They got to drive it through this little obstacle course in the Ford Proving grounds in Belgium. What a bunch of Tools!!! These guys couldn't do a slalom to save their lives.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
So they had the 5.0 as a challenge on the show Amazing race. They got to drive it through this little obstacle course in the Ford Proving grounds in Belgium. What a bunch of Tools!!! These guys couldn't do a slalom to save their lives.

They reality TV show contestants, not professional race car drivers. :rollseyes

kingnut

Established Member
OP seems to think everyone is al unser jr when you buckle them into a 5.0

jason004

Established Member
No but if you watched it, which I guess you didn't, then you would have seen they had a professional driver in the car telling them when to turn, how fast to go and brake. So you can bite me!

JerryC

Established Member
If that show doesnt sell Mustangs to the unwashed masses, I don't know what will.

The contestants arent good drivers, they are just joe average public and they had a great time on the course. The permagrin on the old guy as he did his donuts was priceless.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
No but if you watched it, which I guess you didn't, then you would have seen they had a professional driver in the car telling them when to turn, how fast to go and brake. So you can bite me!

By this statement I gather you've never done anything like an HPDE? There's a real big difference between an instructor telling you what to do and that translating to your actual driving.

jason004

Established Member
By this statement I gather you've never done anything like an HPDE? There's a real big difference between an instructor telling you what to do and that translating to your actual driving.

Well not a HPDE because I dont have that much money to throw around. But I have done plenty of solo events. But now I pretty much only run on stip because its a lot cheaper.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Well not a HPDE because I dont have that much money to throw around. But I have done plenty of solo events. But now I pretty much only run on stip because its a lot cheaper.

You really do owe it to yourself to get out on track with an HPDE style event. I know that 200-300 is sometimes a bit much, but keep in mind that for actual track time to dollar, these events are by far the cheapest.

With NASA, you'll be on track for a minimum of an hour for each day. That's not an hour of waiting in some line, an hour of pushing yourself and your car as hard as you can.

It's a humbling experience. Nothing will put a lump in your pride like being past by a little Miata because you're not as good of a driver as you thought.

That's not a knock, because everyone starts there. I've lapped with NASA since 2006. I literally still learn and get better with each event.

jason004

Established Member
You really do owe it to yourself to get out on track with an HPDE style event. I know that 200-300 is sometimes a bit much, but keep in mind that for actual track time to dollar, these events are by far the cheapest.

With NASA, you'll be on track for a minimum of an hour for each day. That's not an hour of waiting in some line, an hour of pushing yourself and your car as hard as you can.

It's a humbling experience. Nothing will put a lump in your pride like being past by a little Miata because you're not as good of a driver as you thought.

That's not a knock, because everyone starts there. I've lapped with NASA since 2006. I literally still learn and get better with each event.

Its not that I don't want to its just not in the cards for right now. Trust me I know what its like. I used to ride bikes on tracks :) Lived in Germany for years and had a few runs around the "ring" in ride along cars.. I plan to take it up in the net few years but I hate to start a hobbie half way so for now its on the back burner. I have a good friend here that is a member at a local club that has offered to get me out there next year so I might make a few trips. Just spent the past few years living in the middle east so trying to get everything back in order for now :)

Users who are viewing this thread