amazon cai cleaning

tigerwoods

Established Member
i bought an amazon racing cai used. i need to know how to clean it. can i use k&n filter oil? i called AR but they never called me back. can some please help, thanks.

tigerwoods

Established Member
the whole kit is the filter, maf adapter, and heat shield. if i threw the filter away i would have nothing. do you guys get a new K&n filter everytime? that defeats the purpose of using a k&n doesnt it? anyways i bought a k&n recharge kit and freshened it up today. it is good and clean now.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by Zinc03Cobra
i also suggest buying a new filter... cleaning is a waste of time, even if you have the recharge kit. It's kinda messy too.
I clean mine with warm water and mild soap in the kitchen sink.....Let it dry and use K&N lubricant. They are designed to be cleaned and reused with out a loss in performance or filtering ability.

BLK_03

Established Member
I called Amazon about cleaning their filter (1st design). They said to use the A.F.E. cleaning/oiling kit since it is an A.F.E. filter. I said screw it and bought the K&N recharge kit since I could not get the A.F.E. stuff local. No problems whatsoever. However, mine is dirty now again and instead of cleaning it again, I will be ordering a new filter as mentioned above. They are only like 40 bucks and I want a larger filter anyway..

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I've cleaned it before, and did exactly like you have suggested, but it still looks dirty.. ehh, to each his own I guess. I'll give the cleaning another try this week :)

Users who are viewing this thread