Amazon Port Eaton dyno numbers. What do you guys think?

Boogie70

Established Member
A few weeks ago i put on a Amazon port eaton with 2.91 pulley I got off fleebay. Well I finally got my car dyno tuned yesterday at Pro-Dyno, SC and it made 485rwhp/458rwtq. Other mods are Magnaflow catback, BBK X pipe and K&N filter pack. Everything else is stock. The tuner said that the numbers were low for a ported eaton at least in comparing it to a Steggy IV. He said he has dynoed Steggys and they were doing over 500 but after we talked a little more he told that the car he was comparing mine to had the stock TB and maf like mine but had a 2.8 pulley with a 4lb lower. I thought my numbers were right they should be but he seemed to still think they were lower than they should be. :confused: I'm thinking about going with a 4lb lower and a aftermarket heat exchanger. What do you guys think?

BBCOBRA

Established Member
That torque does seem a little low. I'd say add a 6lb. lower to get over the 500/500 mark. That pulley is just right for the 2.91? or 2.93 pulley you have.

There is a wide range on how much power you can get from a ported blower. 30-50 hp seems to be the typical range depending on how much port work is done. That amazon port may be one of the early ones equal to a stage 1 steggy. If so, the numbers you got would be typical.

Pro dyno rocks. Great guys and good tuning results from thier work.

Last edited:

mrpork

Established Member
steggy ported blower with a 4lb lower here tuned by pro-dyno 531/560!!!!!:rockon:. they rock no one better wish i lived closer to them.tell dan and rob i said hi if you go back.

Pock

It’s an addiction
Established Member
I'd start with a 4lb lower unless you're one of the people that rarely runs their car back to back then a 6 would be fine. A lot of us run a 2.76/4 but people get insane results with a 2.93/4lb combo. In fact some people who have ran numerous combos say the 2.93/4 is their favorite and provided some of the best track times! People who have all the other mods needed will get good numbers with a small upper (2.76/2.65) and a 6lb lower.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
A few weeks ago i put on a Amazon port eaton with 2.91 pulley I got off fleebay. Well I finally got my car dyno tuned yesterday at Pro-Dyno, SC and it made 485rwhp/458rwtq. Other mods are Magnaflow catback, BBK X pipe and K&N filter pack. Everything else is stock. The tuner said that the numbers were low for a ported eaton at least in comparing it to a Steggy IV. He said he has dynoed Steggys and they were doing over 500 but after we talked a little more he told that the car he was comparing mine to had the stock TB and maf like mine but had a 2.8 pulley with a 4lb lower. I thought my numbers were right they should be but he seemed to still think they were lower than they should be. :confused: I'm thinking about going with a 4lb lower and a aftermarket heat exchanger.What do you guys think

that is excellent power for the mods you have..we only did one stage with ours before we stopped doing porting..it was no where near developed to the power level of what a Stage IV is making..you are going to see better # s with a 2.8/4# combo than you will with just a 290.. there is also no way to know the condition of the blower since it has been at least 2 years since we were doing porting..having a stock HE could be hurting your resutls .. it can pull timing from the programming after the motor gets to a certain temp..

I would highly recommend doing the 4# lower.. it s an awesome combo with a ported blower.. you can also always send the blower to Steg or Posi to have it upgraded to a more aggressive stage..

Last edited:

Boogie70

Established Member
I got a blower from a guy who said he made 525rwhp but he didn't give the mods. He did say the blower had 15k miles on it and 2K since the port job. With that being said I think the 4lb lower and a HE will be my next upgrade. I have a 2.8 already so I may put that on along with the lower swap. Taking the blower off for a Steggy is not a option because if and when I take it off a Whipple or Kenne Bell is going on in it's place. So I'm not going to be hardpressed for any extra power another eaton may give me considering I would have to buy one, have it tuned again and maybe pay someone to put it on. Now the pulley and the heat exchanger I'll spring for besides the HE looks pretty cool in the grill.

Boogie70

Established Member
Ok so I got the HE and 4lb pulley and had them put on today and then re-dynoed the car. My old numbers with a 2.93" upper only were 487HP/463tq. My new numbers are 513hp/533tq. I don't know if that's good or bad but I'm satisfied with it and besides my injectors were almost maxed out. The car is a beast down low and pulls hard through the gears. I can't wait to take it to the track and pull up against my cousins 7.20 vette. I may not win because he has a devasting holeshot (picking up the driver side wheel) so if I cant leave with him I think it's a wrap.

Boogie70

Established Member
Maybe or maybe not - I only report the news not make up the news. It was tuned at Pro-Dyno in SC and a lot of guys in the area go there so if it is friendly, it's been friendly to a lot of Mustang owners. Regardless, to me the dyno is for tuning and it proved it's worth my first pull because my air/fuel ratio were dangerously high. It also showed me if my mods were hurting or helping me. The real test is going to be when I take it to the track tomorrow. I can tell you this, I've been in fast street cars for 1/3 of my life and for a car that's suppose to have ~600 at the flywheel, I personally don't think it's there. It's a lot stronger than before but it's not that strong.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
dyno #s are usually rwhp..a dyno should only be used as a tuning tool because every dyno will read differently depending on how it is set up..any dyno can have inflated #s even an inertia dyno..the results from an inertia dyno are based on the weight of the rollar not the weight of the vehicle..the results from a eddy current braked dyno are based on the resistence against the rollar to simulate the true weight of the vehicle.. the drag co effecient factors the wind resistance and the weather station calculates for the weather conditions at the time of the dyno runs

the true test will be at the track...let us know how you do there..

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Should be more on their dyno my car made 489/501 with just a upper/exhaust/intake/Heat exchanger/ so that dyno is friendly and i think it should be alitte higher...Just take it to the track

Users who are viewing this thread