Amazon Racing/MACA Dyno Day!!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
*EDITED 11/10/04 @ 8:30 p

On Saturday, November 20th, Amazon Racing and the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association are having a Dyno Day at Amazon's great facilities in Edgewood, Md. Amazon has agreed to provide 10 dyno appointments of 45 minutes each at a cost of $50 for 2 pulls. *Air/Fuel measurement will be an extra $25.....To sign up for a dyno apointment, all you have to do is post on this thread and your name will be added to the schedule.

*This event is more than just a "Dyno Day" but a chance for MACA members to GTG, hang out, and see the Amazon Racing operation up close and personal!

Listed below are the dyno slots that are available. Scheduling is provided on a first come first serve basis so post ASAP to get your desired slot!

9:00 - IronTerp
9:45 - Playwithmysnake
10:30 - RAWSN8K
11:15 - WUTWINE
12:00 - Hissssnsvt
12:45 to 1:30 = Lunch break!
1:30 - Defyant
2:15 - mmars
3:00 - LG2004Redfire
4:30 -
5:15 -

We will all pitch it for some Pizza Hut pizza, and sodas will be provided. This is going to be a great event and MACA members are encouraged to come by throughout the day, even if you're not getting your Cobra dynoed. *Amazon will have a mechanic on duty who will be available for modification installs as well......Give Linn a call with want you may want done so that she can arrange for part availability and install time.

Dyno Day Attendee List:
Blk03SVTcobra
Evan5469
WUTWINE
04torchvert
IronTerp
Defyant
JRS BLOWN SNAKE
MYSTIC MAMA
Playwithmysnake
Hissssnsvt
Miamifan1354
I-CAN-STANG
Antex
ta2di
Cobra330
LG2004Redfire
FISHTAIL
mystangs
RedfireVenom
Predator
RAWSN8K
BUNKY
mmars
Apache

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
This is going to be a great event and MACA members are encouraged to come by throughout the day, even if you're not getting your Cobra dynoed. More info to come......

I will be there. But I probably won't be putting her up on the dyno. I'll be cleaning and detailing my car and helping Jason with his. Hopefully, Amazon's got a hose I can borrow.

Either way, I will be there from start to finish probably. I'll be doing a little video too, so we can post some results and/or get some people's runs, if they want them.

Gonna be yet another awesome time!! :thumbsup: :rockon: :coolman:

Evan5469

Established Member
I will try to attend this one. As far as I know of right now I will be able to, but don't know if I'll be able to get there at 9 am because of certain "events" that will more than likely be happening the night before, but I'll try my best to get their early to see everyone and see some numbers out of a few of our members cars.

Also, if Linn or Rick checks this post I have a Kenne Bell Boost A Spark that I need some advice on how to install and possibly install it while I'm there.

See you guys there. Should be good times.

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
I should be there. I'm retuning this week, so not sure I'll throw mine on the dyno or not at Rick and Linn's. Hopefully going to run it out the back door on this Saturday!!!!! Mystic Mama wants to make sure She doesn't break the dyno by spinning it up too much with her new mods....LOL.... We'll probably stop in driving something other than the Cobra's!!!!!

J.R.

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Question?? Does anyone think the wheelie bars on Mystic Mamas car will interfere with the rollers on the dyno????????

HA HA HA

J.R.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by MYSTIC MAMA
Question?? Does anyone think the wheelie bars on Mystic Mamas car will interfere with the rollers on the dyno????????

HA HA HA

J.R.
I'm just hoping the parachute doesn't open up accidently!!!!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
I'm just hoping the parachute doesn't open up accidently!!!!

LOL!!

I could only dream of having those problems :-D

I know Bruce, WUTWINE and one other person have told me they were interested. Anybody trying to get a time slot?

04Torchvert

Established Member
I would like to dyno mine but early in the mornin will probally be a no no for me haha! But after lunch Id be up for it. Need to get a baseline

TRBO VNM

put me down for 11:15. If I get tuned before the dyno day, I will dyno. If I am not tuned, there is no way for me to dyno, so my slot will open up. I should know by this weekend if things are all good.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Hope I dont get flammed but I'd like to get the Marauder on. The Cobras been on there twice. I need to get a base run. Put me down for 1:30

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Defyant
Hope I dont get flammed but I'd like to get the Marauder on. The Cobras been on there twice. I need to get a base run. Put me down for 1:30

You won't get any flames from this guy :beer:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk03SVTCobra
You won't get any flames from this guy :beer:

Thanks! If anyone is interested, on 11/20/04 at 8:30 am The Mustang Club of Maryland will be at The Avenue in White Marsh for the annual Christmas parade. If your interested let me know and I'll send you the flyer.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Uhhh... that's the same day as our dyno day.... Any way..

I'll be there, just won't be puttin her on the rollers. Haven't changed anything since the last time I dynoed there, so no need, but I'll se everyone there!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Miamifan1354
Uhhh... that's the same day as our dyno day.... Any way..

I'll be there, just won't be puttin her on the rollers. Haven't changed anything since the last time I dynoed there, so no need, but I'll se everyone there!

Same for me... I am, however, interested in getting a chart of the A/F ratio and trying to get the car to pump out that beloved 400RWHP number. Seeing as it pulled 395.9 last time, the colder air could help it out to get to 400. I'm still playing around with the idea of putting her up on the dyno I guess. :shrug:

I'll try to figure out whether or not I will soon... :thumbsup:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Just spoke with Linn, Dwight, when you get a chance today, give her a call. You can add me to the list to be dyno'ed, 10:30 slot would be fine for me.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
Just spoke with Linn, Dwight, when you get a chance today, give her a call. You can add me to the list to be dyno'ed, 10:30 slot would be fine for me.

Sweet!! That's going to be an awesome comparison. Maybe we'll all be able to use your comparison for possible conversion to Dynojet numbers.

Maybe I'll try to do some sort of study on the differences in HP measurement from Mustang Dynos and Dynojets. I know that there's a ton of different factors (weight the operator puts in for the car, temperature, etc) but at least we can try to figure out a range. Ken's data should help :beer:

Sounds like this dyno day is gonna be awesome!!

Anyone opposed to the idea of pizza and drinks? Maybe I could stop off at Dunkin Donuts on the way up and pick up some donuts, bagels and pastries for the early morning guys. I wll be at Amazon as soon as Rick and Linn are there so I can get some of the washing and detailing of my car out of the way.

Just want to make sure the food arrangement is cool with everyone. Let us know :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Pretty sure I can make this - I briefly mentioned to Jason about some of us southern marylanders meeting & driving up to Amazons.

Also a few of us are going to be at Capitol the night before (19th) for the test & tune

Users who are viewing this thread