Amazon tuning coming to Washington/Oregon area

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
ok boys and girls.. HP Ranch has declined hosting this event for us..

we have a few other shops in mind and have to check with them before we can post the date and location .. we are still shooting for the same date but may have to move the date to OCT 10th..

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
I'd be interested depending on where the location is going to be. I'm up north so Seattle is about the furthest I'd want to drive.

NPen

Established Member
I'm in Portland, OR area and possibly interested, depending on price and if I get some more mods before then.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
NICE!!!! Come on guys give Linn a call at Amazon before the Sept 18th cutoff to get on the list so we can nail this down!!! Oh and just to share the address is...

1920 Garrett Street
Enumclaw, WA 98022

Last edited:

99BlkLitng

Established Member
Are there still people interested in getting Amazon out here? I noticed one person is def out but no word from anyone else. If you are in please give Linn a call to get on the list.

NPen

Established Member
Sitting on it, but will decide quickly, might be moving that weekend. And I don't really know if I should spend the money at this time.

cacric

Established Member
Tunes with Diablosport and SCT
THE TUNER
Contact us in Anderson, South Carolina, for performance auto parts, performance chips, and Dyno Tuning - Home

THE DYNO SHOP
The Power Shop - MORE POWER TO YOU

The for sure cost breakdown is:

$250 per person Paid to Amazon (actual dyno tuning fee)

$500 for the dyno for the day (this is NOT per person, this is split by the number of people) This is an awesome deal normaly $100-150 per hour at any of the places I called.

$399 if you need a tuner and custom lifetime tune (smokin deal, lowest cost for a new tuner alone that I've seen is $360 and the lifetime tune is normaly $175)

$125 if you just need the lifetime tune (see above)

$Nothing if you are already one of there customers and already have a programmer.

Not set costs:
Airfare and hotel for Rick.

We set a cutoff date for Sept 18th to get a better price on a plane ticket, to error on the high side I have been figuring $500 for the plane and $250 for the hotel (2 nights).........again, this is on the high side. I have found tickets for half that but plane tickets go up and down.......these costs are split between everyone.

To add to that........we have to have a min 8 people so when you split up all shared costs we would be doing very well.

4rdsvtdriver

Established Member
I'm out! Can't do it money wise right now. Especially since I've already got my tunes from Rick. All I need is dyno and datalog time which I can cut costs by not having to pay a plane ticket and hotel. As it seems there's only going to be 3 people. Not cost effective for me right now. :??:

99BlkLitng

Established Member
I'm out! Can't do it money wise right now. Especially since I've already got my tunes from Rick. All I need is dyno and datalog time which I can cut costs by not having to pay a plane ticket and hotel. As it seems there's only going to be 3 people. Not cost effective for me right now. :??:

Well if there are not 8 people this will not happen. So the cost should be figured as if 8 people were signed up not 3. It is much cheaper if you figure in at least 8 people.

NPen

Established Member
Sorry guys, I am out too. Too many things going on right now, and I just need to keep the $$$ close by.

painintheass

Established Member
Sorry guys, I'm out too then. Not enough people, was hoping for 8. Maybe we can try later. Probably not a good time with the holidays coming.

Thank you for trying.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
Well this looks to be a bust since only 3 people committed and we needed 8. Guess I get to continue email tuning and hope for the best.

4rdsvtdriver

Established Member
Linn, I apoligize about the remark for the other tuner. It's just that this gentleman needs help and hands on vice the datalogging back and forth etc. Rick tunes my car, but I go to that dyno to get my car "tweaked". I meant in no way to disrespect your shop, Rick or your expertise. I've never had any issues w/ Amazon. I just wanted to help someone out. I posted that real quick via my phone on the internet so I wasn't thinking.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Linn, I apoligize about the remark for the other tuner. It's just that this gentleman needs help and hands on vice the datalogging back and forth etc. Rick tunes my car, but I go to that dyno to get my car "tweaked". I meant in no way to disrespect your shop, Rick or your expertise. I've never had any issues w/ Amazon. I just wanted to help someone out. I posted that real quick via my phone on the internet so I wasn't thinking.

I appreciate your apology and I undersatnd that you were trying to help some one out ....that is exactly why were are trying to get a tuning event set up out there.. so Rick can fine tune his mail order customers on a dyno in your area..

not many tuners that are as busy as Rick can be available or willing to travel to their mail order customers..but Rick is willing to be availabe to his customers and anyone else who wants to take advantage of him being in their area..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread