Amazon Tuning Day in Louisiana

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I just got invited for a fishing trip this weekend so i wont be able to make it. If something happens and i cant i'll give ya a ride.

Wayne

Cool thanks wayne, i just found out i had to work this saturday and sunday at 6 pm. I would have to be at work by 6. That sucks.... i wouldnt want anyone to miss out on my account.:beer:

acatalon

Established Member
Well after alot drama and the kindness of my brother-in-law my car made it to Walker for A Tuning session with Rick. As always Rick and Lynn are great to deal with, The weather was a little ugly (humid and warm). The ole snake put down 500/500 SAE pretty consistantly after some tweaking. I have a stage 1 ported Eaton with a 2.93 and two lbs lower on 93 0ctane. The engine is a Teksid with Diamond pistons assembled by Modular Performance. Rick spent about 1.5 hrs to maximize my tune unfethered by the long line of other cars that he would tweak through the day. Thats just the way he is, taking time to do things the right way. From all accounts the dyno"s calibration was showing numbers on the low side. We really appreciated having them make the trip here as my brother and I has anticipated a trip to his shop $$$$ of diesel pulling two cobras with a 4x4 f350. My brother just installed a teksid stroker in his cobra and needed to confirm that the tune was ok for the new setup. I only wish I could have spent more time visiting with Rick and Lynn. Just can't say enough about their professionalism and love of what they do. Troy

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Yeah that rick sure is a short fellow. It was good meeting him and the other guys there. I'm very glad i went. Too bad i have to wait till tomarrow to beat on the truck. Damn weather :(

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
It was good to see them again. It sucks i had to hurt something though. I was hoping to put on a decent show. It made 540 on the first pull shutting off at around 5k rpms. A/F went lean because boost was too high. After a few pulls to get the boost controller dialed down for a safe pump gas tune we developed a rod knock on a brand new motor. Very frustrating.

I did some diagnosing today and it's number 8 that has the loose rod bearing. I still have oil pressure so i'm hoping it's not spun. Guess a MMR 5.0 stroker is on the way monday.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I can post some video of the car I was trying to put together and didn't finish. Really, I was THAT close from finishing the thing, but it was my own fault. I was too busy Saturday and totaly forgot that Thunder closed at three that day. Anyway, I had to try ALL the rest of Saturday to get the buel setup to work, and it took just about the whole day. Of course, I found a solution, but it took up too much time to get to where I could have been with a 45 and a 120 degree an fitting.

I saw 0mineralgrey3 there, but he was kind of pissed at the time, so introductions were out of the cards. I was the guy that showed up in the white Tundra. I did see Rick, but he was looking pretty busy, so I didn't want to bother him. Needless to say, hopefuly 0mineralgrey3 and myself can convince him to come back ASAP! I talked to him today (while I was scrubbing my appointment) and he did say that they wanted to come back in about a month and a half to see their family again, and he did mention 0mineralgrey3's car as another incentive.

So, it looks like I will be getting by with some e-mail tunning from ATS in the meantime, and now I can get everytihng right without rushing.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I heard about what happy to your car brian..sucks..get that thing back on the road!!

I was there yesterday, but only one truck dyno'ed but it was worth it :) haha

and rick is quite a short guy..

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
nope, only went sunday..wanted to go sat. but was doing something else.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I never get caught up in the numbers anymore. If i get a base before anything is done, then pick up power with the tune then i'm happy. As long as it is safe.

To prove a point to a guy i took my bike to a dyno and put down 164 rwhp. We went down the road to the next dyno and i put down 153 rwhp. Nothing changed, same day, same weather, same conditions. The two dynos were about 8 miles apart. 11 rwhp on a motorcycle is GIGANTIC and no matter what the numbers say i constantly come out on top with the sunday morning races. I beat people with dyno sheets showing 180 rwhp that i know is bogus and B.S. Moral of the story....numbers don't mean a thing unless you're comparing to a car that went on just before you did. Get a base, pick up some HP and enjoy being safe everytime your foot gets heavy.

As for my car the new motor is on the way. I have faith that my engine builder did right in the assembly. The tune was just so off while i was breaking it in the damage must have begun there. I could barely drive it until rick got hold of it to clean it up. I started it up to move it behind the fence and it didn't smoke or studder. At least i have a tune to drive on now until rick comes back.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
You could have introduced yourself SVTstrike....i was more bummed out than pissed off. I was making phone calls to get another motor lined up. If i wouldn't have been there so late with the KB GT........i could have put a brand new motor in and came back up there sunday. I was too tired when i got home saturday night to go and get the shortblock from the shop and work through the night. We have a brand new MMR shortblock sitting in the office at the shop that i was going to buy at first but instead opted to go with a different setup. NOw in hindsight i wish i would have just used that one from the get go.

Sigforty

Established Member
Yea, Brain sorry to hear you hurt it. I hope everything is not that bad off. It was a good day hanging with my Ford buddies for me though.

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
You could have introduced yourself SVTstrike....i was more bummed out than pissed off. I was making phone calls to get another motor lined up. If i wouldn't have been there so late with the KB GT........i could have put a brand new motor in and came back up there sunday. I was too tired when i got home saturday night to go and get the shortblock from the shop and work through the night. We have a brand new MMR shortblock sitting in the office at the shop that i was going to buy at first but instead opted to go with a different setup. NOw in hindsight i wish i would have just used that one from the get go.

It's cool, I was the guy in the whit LSU shirt checking out the car after you got it up on the trailer. I was kind of in a rush too, but it was all for not. Just let me know what tatics you want to use to convince Rick to get back down here ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread