Amber Taillights for the 03

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Looking to replace my GT tails. Where's the best place to buy the kit? I understand there are some modifications made to the wire loom under the steering wheel. Anyone that's done this had any problems?

mnypit

Established Member
I bought my kit from karkraft.com. NO problems. Install is a snap, but plan a couple of hours. My car with them on........
pic1.JPG

Steve

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
First time I've seen a pic of your new car mnypit, looks sharp:thumbsup: Are those the rims off of your '01?

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 1 bad bullitt
Check the 99-01 forum ,the 03's have red tails and most of us plan on staying with them, they'll be able to tell yah all about them.

Just curious, why are you planning on staying with them? Do most of the 03/04 people plan on staying with them like '1 bad bullitt'? I like the unique look of the ambers, personally.

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by mnypit
I bought my kit from karkraft.com. NO problems. Install is a snap, but plan a couple of hours. My car with them on........
pic1.JPG

Steve

Thanks for the advice!

Wow, those rims look nice. :beer:

Where did you get them? Pricing? Are they 18"?

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
I personnaly would'nt want my 03 -04 being confused with a 99-01, not that they are not nice looking tail lights. I think for the money I would get the X2C smoked. But then you could say the same thing about my car with the bullitt wheels. Yours is the first 03 I have seen with the amber taillights, it looks good though. Seeing it, maybe it wouldnt be so bad, looks sharp.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I do like the look of the new edge ambers & was suprised when the '03 came out without them, but I'm keeping my stock ones. If I do anything with them I'd do the sequential turnsignal mod.

GTCobra

Established Member
yes i would like to know about them rims too they are nice

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
I do like the look of the new edge ambers & was suprised when the '03 came out without them, but I'm keeping my stock ones. If I do anything with them I'd do the sequential turnsignal mod.

I agree I like the amber lights but not on the terminators. You cannot do a sequential tail light install on the amber lights for under $300. Also I wouldn't want my car being confused for a 99/01. I have the amber lights on my 99 cobra clone.

mnypit

Established Member
MystiChrome Coupe: Yes those are the wheels off of the '01. I couldnt (my wife wouldnt let me!) get rid of them. Take care of your Mystic - sweet car!

The wheels:

SSR wheels, model GT3

Front: 18x9
Rear: 18x10.5

Tirerack.com sells them. Just about any of your local tire/wheel shops should be able to order them. Expect to pay $500+ per wheel.

Thanks!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread