Amber Tails

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Kyle there is a great article on here how to do it with pics. If you can't find it let me know and I'll email it to you. I saved it as a Word Document for when I was gonna install the ones you got. There gonna look s w e e t on your car !

Boosted0range

Established Member
well...i think...i have the part that connects all of the bulbs together and goes into the trunk to another connecter. however...the connector for the 01's is differnt than the one for my 04..so i cant just plug it in...not exactally sure what route to go

Boosted0range

Established Member
ok...here's the two connectors...1st one is the one that comes off the solid red tails on my 04...the 2nd is the one off of the amber turns on the 01...do i just need to cut the connectors off the 01's and connect up the 04's connector on the 01?

04-solid red
redturn.jpg

01-amber turn
amberturn.jpg

blackgtcp

Established Member
You want to cut the connectors off of all tail lights. So a total of four. (make sure you have enough wire space to monouver with) Then youll splice the old connectors onto the new tail light. Make sure you put the right color wire together. Theres two that kind of look alike. There is two black wires on each connector as well.

After all of that you will have a green wire left over on each one. Put the tail lights in. Youll splice in a few feet of green wire to the right tail light, run it to the left light, connect those two then run it to the green wire behind the left wheel well.

after that youll cut the green wire under the dash and install the new relay.

PM me if you need more help

blackgtcp

Established Member
Haha yea i was going to warn you on the price but thought it may be different there. Luckily mine came with the lights.

So what you need is: tail lights, relay (blue), and few feet of green wire, quick connects, and butt connectors

24ypmwp.jpg

Boosted0range

Established Member
thanks alot guys, everything went very smoothly...although i was pretty nervous getting up under the dash and just cutting a wire haha but it all worked out to plan.

blackgtcp

Established Member
I was incredibly nervious doing that part just because there were soo many wires under there. But I cut out a small section of it out instead of just a cut to make sure they wouldnt touch accidentily. You may want to consider the same

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
t1000mach 1,
jesus i don't know which is beter, your mach or cobra, thats a bad ass pic of both though.

T1000MaCh1

Blown
Established Member
t1000mach 1,
jesus i don't know which is beter, your mach or cobra, thats a bad ass pic of both though.

Thanks a lot. They both have their pluses, but the mach is where all the money goes. The cobra is for sale if you want to buy it;-).

Users who are viewing this thread