American Muscle Car runs 11.9

redsap05

Established Member
is it an auto or m6? It says it has stock headers and 18 inch dr's. Thats mighty strong consider most other people needed headers to run those times. Did the 4.10's do the trick for him?

redsap05

Established Member
It seems the auto's are quicker. I still wonder why this guys results are so much faster. He claims hes doing the times on stock headers. Do the 4.10 gears really make it that much quicker.

bad2000z

Established Member
You will see a lot of Northeast cars go quicker now that fall is here. It sounds like they took the exhaust off all together lol.

stang910

Established Member
It seems the auto's are quicker. I still wonder why this guys results are so much faster. He claims hes doing the times on stock headers. Do the 4.10 gears really make it that much quicker.

Manuals are just as fast and 11.9 isn't out of the norm for the mods. My car is a M6 with 3.73's and mods are JLT intake, tune and O/R-X and I just went 11.72 this past Friday. This was only my second outing with the car so I'm hoping the next time out it'll go 11.5 or better.

Evolution

Established Member
July 3rd, 2010 - 93 Degrees out with track temps at 125 Degrees

Evolution Performance, Inc. - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Automatic Runs 11.91@117MPH With Street Tires!

We wanted to see what times could be achieved with D.O.T. Street Tires on Stock Wheels, which 80% of the people buying these cars will be using. This car is geared more towards the Street/Strip group using 100% Street Components including CATS! The wheels used were heavy 18X9.5 Stock 2007 GT500 Wheels with a 265/40R18 M/T Drag Radial!

Modification List

- C&L Cold Air Intake System
- Evolution Performance, Inc. True Custom 93 Octane Tune
- American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3" Collector and Catted X-Pipe
- Magnaflow Competition Series 3" Catback Exhaust System
- Ford Racing 4.10 Gears
- Steeda Ultralite Lowering Springs
- Evolution Performance, Inc. Adjustable Panhard Bar

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy2RQXtwyqw"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Automatic Runs 11's On Street Tires![/nomedia]

DIB5.0

Established Member
I love it when another tuners man hood gets bruised and they have to steal the thunder from another. Real classy baby!

95PGTTech

Established Member
July 3rd, 2010 - 93 Degrees out with track temps at 125 Degrees

Evolution Performance, Inc. - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Automatic Runs 11.91@117MPH With Street Tires!

We wanted to see what times could be achieved with D.O.T. Street Tires on Stock Wheels, which 80% of the people buying these cars will be using. This car is geared more towards the Street/Strip group using 100% Street Components including CATS! The wheels used were heavy 18X9.5 Stock 2007 GT500 Wheels with a 265/40R18 M/T Drag Radial!

Modification List

- C&L Cold Air Intake System
- Evolution Performance, Inc. True Custom 93 Octane Tune
- American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3" Collector and Catted X-Pipe
- Magnaflow Competition Series 3" Catback Exhaust System
- Ford Racing 4.10 Gears
- Steeda Ultralite Lowering Springs
- Evolution Performance, Inc. Adjustable Panhard Bar

YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Automatic Runs 11's On Street Tires!

you're trying to steal thunder, but you're only looking like an idiot. you realize you just admitted he's faster, right? you ran a LT car with suspension mods.

so can your driver not drive, or can your tuner not tune to save his life considering a more modified car went slower? typical evolution performance shit, throw so much money at a shop car that it has absolutely no choice but to be fast, and is still mediocre. and when you blow up motors left and right, get a few free ones from a FRPP sponsorship, don't mention that to the public.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I love it when another tuners man hood gets bruised and they have to steal the thunder from another. Real classy baby!

some well written vendor rules would fix that..but then again.. Ive been told it is just common sense and professional courtesy we should all have toward each other to stay out of other vendor's threads..

BTW good job AM

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
you're trying to steal thunder, but you're only looking like an idiot. you realize you just admitted he's faster, right? you ran a LT car with suspension mods.

so can your driver not drive, or can your tuner not tune to save his life considering a more modified car went slower? typical evolution performance shit, throw so much money at a shop car that it has absolutely no choice but to be fast, and is still mediocre. and when you blow up motors left and right, get a few free ones from a FRPP sponsorship, don't mention that to the public.

First off comparing when we ran our car (July Summer Heat) and they ran their's (Crisp Fall Air) is about 40 degrees in temperature, which is about 3 Tenths.

I wouldn't call lowering Springs and a Panhard Bar Key suspension components for drag racing a car.

Since 2004 we have NEVER blown up any engines on shop cars or customer cars... (Knock On Wood)

Ford has NEVER given us Free Engine, except recently with the 5.0L 4V so we could develop Engine components, like Pistons, Rings and other goodies, which helped us have the first built engine, thus allowing us to be able to run 8's! :-D

some well written vendor rules would fix that..but then again.. Ive been told it is just common sense and professional courtesy we should all have toward each other to stay out of other vendor's threads..

BTW good job AM

The person that started the thread wasn't a AM Rep, so therefore I chimed in stating facts!

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
8's!

The person that started the thread wasn't a AM Rep, so therefore I chimed in stating facts!

ya thats a gray area.. but the thread was clearly about AM so I think it still pertains to extending professional courtesy and staying out of it...just because you can doesnt mean you should

Last edited:

bad2000z

Established Member
It's frustrating to see stuff like this. I don't think there's any question about it, EVO is a very good, very successful Mustang tuner. What I don't understand is why they feel the need to try and undermine other vendors whenever they accomplish something positive. Is business really that bad? Somehow I doubt it.

redsap05

Established Member
Still nobody has really touched on my questions of why this car runs harder than anyone else's. Is it the tune? Gears? or the type of cai? Iam sure weather had something to do with it but the way it looks right now to me is that you dont need headers.

Users who are viewing this thread