"American Muscle" time attack challenge

racebronco2

Established Member
I am not the contact person, just passing along the info.
"American Muscle" Time Attack Challenge
I have been approached by the good people at Extreme Speed Track Events with the idea of a "Time Attack" series similar to that of those running it for the Honda S2000.

The idea would be to break down into different classes and see who had the quickest lap times. This could be done over a period of several events, or for starters, perhaps a one day or one weekend combination.

Classes would be grouped, based on some combination of vehicle modifications, or if turn out is limited, we could base it on driver skill level and combine groups of vehicle types. For example late model Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, and vintage Pro-Touring.

I know most American Muscle folks like to run the more open, higher speed venues rather than a tight track layout. So, although we may be rushing it, perhaps we could put it together for the June 11th and 12th dates at "Big Willow".

If enough interest is shown, I might even be able to get a group discount full weekend rate, that could possibly include timing, T-Shirts, a BBQ and even a small car show.

Please post up your thoughts, and if you think you could attend, and what it would take to get some more American Iron out there.

Keep in mind that Extreme Speed Events are probably the best venue to get all those Beginners out there. It is a very casual group, with self-tech, lots of Instruction for those who want / need it, and at a discount on top of it all.

This is the time to get out there and try it, especially on the Big Track that suits most of our cars, and in an event with a nice mix of various American V-8 machines and like minded enthusiasts.

Go to [ame=http://socalterminators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17451]"American Muscle" Time Attack Challenge - SoCalTerminators.com Forums[/ame] to vote in the poll.

Users who are viewing this thread