American Thunder Classic Axel back.

cdog1157

Established Member
I put them on a few days ago and I'm fairly happy with them. The reason I say "fairly" is because there is some drone around 2K rpm sometimes. I mainly notice it when I'm in 6th gear and doing 70mph on the interstate. If I go 65 or 75 then I don't hear it, weird how that works. They do sound better than all the videos I've seen. There's no rasp while driving, only when you're in neutral and rev it up to 4K or higher. The first day I pulled in to work after installing them then everybody came over to tell me how good it sounded so it must not be too bad, lol. I took a video but deleted it because it really does sound alot better than on the videos.

redrocket2011

Established Member
Received mine today. I'll probably put them on sometime this week. Did you have to take the panhard bar out? Or did you just slide the mufflers past it?

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Received mine today. I'll probably put them on sometime this week. Did you have to take the panhard bar out? Or did you just slide the mufflers past it?

I had to take the panhard bar mounting bolts off on the driver's side and push the panhard bar down in order to slide out the driver's side muffler when I installed my Flowmaster 'Hushpower' axleback.

redrocket2011

Established Member
I appreciate the advice. The instructions said that as well. I looked and it and seemed that they would slide out without having to do that. However, looks are deceiving. I’ll drop the bar first. Do you have to have the weight off the rear to drop the bar?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I appreciate the advice. The instructions said that as well. I looked and it and seemed that they would slide out without having to do that. However, looks are deceiving. I’ll drop the bar first. Do you have to have the weight off the rear to drop the bar?

I did mine in my driveway without a jack, so the weight was on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread