AmericanMuscle.com to Sponsor Ford GT ECTA Land Speed Record Attempt

AMNick

AmericanMuscle.com to Sponsor 1000HP Ford GT ECTA Land Speed Record Attempt

AmericanMuscle.com to Sponsor 1000HP Ford GT ECTA Land Speed Record Attempt!
Exclusive American Muscle Event Pre-Release!
You heard it here first on svtperformance.com Forums...we haven't even released this information on the BLOG yet!!!
Check out the details below!

am-swarr-gt-1062-sm.jpg

American Muscle (www.americanmuscle.com) is helping to sponsor an attempt at the ECTA Land Speed Record for a Production Supercharged vehicle with a Stock Bottom End which is currently at 186.853MPH from a standing mile. Attempting this feat will be the car's 73 year old owner Robert Self. The attempt will be made April 5-6th, 2008 at the East Coast Timing Association (ECTA) in Maxton, North Carolina. On the ECTA's 1mile x 30ft abandoned runway track, Robert is looking to hit a cool 200-210MPH and have room to stop.

A fully custom roll cage, Halon fire extinguishing system, and drag chute have been installed by S&W Racecars. All performance enhancements and custom SCT dynamometer tuning have been performed by Eric Swarr & his team at Swarr Auto Performance Center in Collegeville, Pennsylvania (www.swarrauto.com). In addition to the $15,000 Whipple Industries Supercharger upgrade, Robert has an additional $30,000 over the car's $170,000 base price invested in performance and safety upgrades. AmericanMuscle.com will be setting Robert up with the proper tire setup for running speeds in excess of 200MPH in a 1000+ horsepower car, and also helping to promote the event.

Exclusive Test & Tuning Footage on YouTube: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWj1olge3Js"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWj1olge3Js[/ame]

More information soon to follow! And remember...you heard it 1st here at svtperformance.com Forums!!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Wow, 15,000 dollars in supercharger work....... Whipples are getting friggin expensive!!

That's wrong. A GT Whipple is around 8-9k depending where you buy from, including if you buy it right from Whipple(8,999 msrp). A blower swap takes absolutely nowhere near 6-7k in labor, so I'm not sure where the 15k figure comes from.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Mahovitz went 194 in car and driver. With a stock blower on stock tires and they drove it there. It made like 700 rwhp.

It will be interesting to see how he does.
I think heffners car only made 990 to the tire to go 220.

AMNick

That's wrong. A GT Whipple is around 8-9k depending where you buy from, including if you buy it right from Whipple(8,999 msrp). A blower swap takes absolutely nowhere near 6-7k in labor, so I'm not sure where the 15k figure comes from.

I could check into exactly what the figures were, but the S/C work was estimated to me around 15k. I believe this includes the fully custom intercooler work, the two $600 a piece pulley/belt combos, and all the labor for it. Not sure what was actually paid for the Whipple but if it was the 9K MSRP, that plus the pulleys would be $10,200 already. A lot of work and craftsmanship went into the intercooler setup, that plus the labor easily would get it up to the 15k mark.

Mahovitz went 194 in car and driver. With a stock blower on stock tires and they drove it there. It made like 700 rwhp.

It will be interesting to see how he does.

I think heffners car only made 990 to the tire to go 220.

Swarr is shooting for final tuning around 800-850HP at the wheels on the car. For the actual run the car will be running Hoosier A6 tires, and Robert is looking to hit 200-210MPH in a standing mile. Of course its all educated speculation until the actual run, so I guess we will see on that weekend.

EDIT: We now have an exclusive image gallery setup! Check it out here: http://www.americanmuscle.com/americanmuscle-swarr-gt-images.html

Last edited:

AMNick

Eric is the man... should be a good outcome...

That he is! He has done a lot of motor work on our employee's cars here including one of the company owners 'stangs, and the results are always very impressive. I cannot wait to see this thing run that mile!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i hope to run 190 mph on the stock bottom end of my viper this month at the Texas Mile. with my GT i think i could run 225 mph on the stock bottom end with a properly tuned twin turbo setup with the right size turbos......

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Established Member
AMNick, I see how you got around the 6 point roll cage that ECTA wanted. Wo roll cage - 190MPH is the top they let ya run. In Texas at the Goliad they accepted the structural make up of the FGT and Heffners TT Ford GT went 227MPH! Best I heard of a Whipple on a FGT in a standing mile so far is 198 MPH.

I might take a run down to see the car...

Last edited:

AMNick

The attempt ended up hitting a snag that weekend with some heat issues with the intercooler durring the first run. Despite the heating issues the GT still managed to pull off a tie with the current record that run...they probably could have broken it on a second run, but did not want to risk damaging the motor.

Once the issues are worked out, Robert is looking at making a second attempt at breaking the record within the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread