AMSoil Dual Bypass - anyone running it?

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
So I have a few questions around the AMSoil Dual Bypass filtration system. Here is some quick starter information on it.
AMSOIL - By-pass Oil Filter Mounting Kits - specifically looking at the BMK23
Demonstration of it:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klcBRnyCSvo&feature=player_embedded"]Amazing Filter Demonstration - Save Your Engine - YouTube[/nomedia]

Positive review of it:
Amsoil 0W-30 Honda S2000 39,524 mi OCI w/bypass - Bob Is The Oil Guy
Negative review of it:
Do NOT buy an Amsoil bypass filter - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums

I've been PMing with UnleashedBeast about this system, but I figured I'd open up a post to get other's input on it.

I did some google searching and found a good number of positive review on the system, but all of them seemed to be in truck or high mileage applications. The negative review seems to indicate that AMSoil acknowledges that this system will cause a drop in oil pressure (correct me if I'm wrong Unleashed).
Running my oil for extended life will be a side benefit of this system if I choose to run it, what I'm really after is better oil filtration and the best (reasonable) remote oil filter setup I can get since I need to go remote anyway with my K-member swap.

Has anyone been running this kind of setup in a car that is raced (road or 1/4)?
I'm not an oil expert, but the guys on the positive review post who seem to know their stuff seem really impressed...however some of them question if this is a function of the prelube pump and/or the bypass filtration system. It's also worth noting that while this is an S2000, higher performance engine, it would seem that the car is probably well babied, with A LOT of highway miles put on it.

Users who are viewing this thread