AMSOIL Synthetic XL-7500 5W-20 motor oil

R6 MiG

Established Member
ok here my question i dont no if i should run the AMSOIL 5W-20 or not ne one use it. is this the only syn 5-20 oil out right now or theres more.

and one more thing i work at jify lube and i can get all the 5-30 penzoil synthetic i want for free should i just use that or get the amsoil

Cobra'03

Established Member
The Amsoil XL-7500 is not a true synthetic - it is a hydrocracked Group III lube.

Red Line makes a true 5w20 full synthetic Group V lubricant.

Why mess with 5w20 - go to 5w30 is my recommendation. Then you can use Amsoil's true synthetic formula, Mobil 1, Red Line, etc.

R6 MiG

Established Member
o i didnt know i can use 5-30 if thats the case i can use the penzoil 5-30 for free why dose ford rec 5-20 then if everyone uses 5-30

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Just changed the oil for the third time yesterday at 4200 miles. Went from the 5w20 to Mobil 1 0w30. I asked the local valvoline oil change place and they only give you a couple of bucks off for bringing your own oil and filter so I guess I'll be doing it myself. It does make me wonder what kind of oil they are using if it only represents two dollars out of twenty four though.

ZXnVS

Established Member
Originally posted by R6 MiG
o i didnt know i can use 5-30 if thats the case i can use the penzoil 5-30 for free why dose ford rec 5-20 then if everyone uses 5-30

Cobra'03 has had to post this about a thousand times. Search the archives for his posts; there's one in which he gives a link to the EPA site proving that Ford signed a deal with the devil to promote 5W-20 for fuel economy reasons even knowing that it is not up to the task of lubricating a 400 horsepower V-8.

Users who are viewing this thread