AmyB, I was wrong about the Shelby GT and here is why.

GT-H Winner

Banned
Remember guys....that's Bristol, Tennessee in August. If I owned that place and Hell.....I'd rent Bristol out and live in Hell. It'd be cooler.

Bristol Dragway is built in the middle of a gulley carved into a mountain. There's not enough air for birds to fly up there. Highs were around 100 with humidity around 94%. Saturday's corrected density altitude was 6790 feet. Sunday was worse.

For example's sake......two weeks later in Epping, New Hampshire I had another Shelby and it ran 13.69 @ 104.11. And that was deep staged, Traction Control on, with 80 lbs of ballast added. With shallow staging and no added ballast you could figure 13.40-13.45. MPH shows the power too. These are quick, fun cars.

chuckstang said:
14.24???? thats pretty slow. I saw a gt-h run 13.6. Am I missing something here
If it was at the FFW race up there.....that was me.

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
GT-H Winner said:
Remember guys....that's Bristol, Tennessee in August. If I owned that place and Hell.....I'd rent Bristol out and live in Hell. It'd be cooler.

Bristol Dragway is built in the middle of a gulley carved into a mountain. There's not enough air for birds to fly up there. Highs were around 100 with humidity around 94%. Saturday's corrected density altitude was 6790 feet. Sunday was worse.

For example's sake......two weeks later in Epping, New Hampshire I had another Shelby and it ran 13.69 @ 104.11. And that was deep staged, Traction Control on, with 80 lbs of ballast added. With shallow staging and no added ballast you could figure 13.40-13.45. MPH shows the power too. These are quick, fun cars.

If it was at the FFW race up there.....that was me.

That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks and congrats.

Milstang

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
exactly! my plans that have been veryfied by andy(fourcam) are this:
long tubes
mac prochamber(maybe, i like the h pipe sound better than the x)
cam/s
hi flow heads
motive 3.90 gears(bit of old school gearing)
template for the hood(allow this engine to breathe)

goal will be 400+ hp n/a at the crank in a 3400lb car. :D and it helps that this is the best looking mustang since the 65 gt350!:pepper: :beer: :-D

You can't get a better recommendation on what to do with the car then from Fourcam. :-D

I am also looking forward to the car and I like the options that have already been put on Shelby Autos site. I just want to see the upgraded brakes and S/C now on there...

:burnout:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Milstang said:
You can't get a better recommendation on what to do with the car then from Fourcam. :-D

I am also looking forward to the car and I like the options that have already been put on Shelby Autos site. I just want to see the upgraded brakes and S/C now on there...

:burnout:

the 2 options i will add are the baer brake package and the front/rear brake ducts to my future car listed above.:D

this car will mainly be a fun car for road course and occasional strip racing, so i want to keep it n/a.:pepper:

Milstang

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the 2 options i will add are the baer brake package and the front/rear brake ducts to my future car listed above.:D

this car will mainly be a fun car for road course and occasional strip racing, so i want to keep it n/a.:pepper:

It will be a fun car for me also. I do want the brakes, ducting and the GT-H hood, but I also want the S/C. My concern now is if they use the FRPP Whipple will the GT-H hood clear it? I have my doubts but will see as we get closer to that time.

:read:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Milstang said:
It will be a fun car for me also. I do want the brakes, ducting and the GT-H hood, but I also want the S/C. My concern now is if they use the FRPP Whipple will the GT-H hood clear it? I have my doubts but will see as we get closer to that time.

:read:

no they will not. shelby has a long relationship with another blower company dating back to the 60's. sure you can order the frpp whipple and put it on but shelby will not sponser it.

the question is do you want a blown al block 4.6 shelby gt for 40k or a blown iron block 5.4 shelby gt500 for 45k? personally if i wanted the blower i would choose the gt500.:beer:

Milstang

Established Member
Yes, I know they have a long standing relationship with Paxton but Amy Boylan has mentioned possibly 2 choices and since they are getting the handling package etc from FRPP it was a logical choice for them to possible go with the Whipple as the alternate.

I don't plan on racing it a lot at a drag strip, would prefer an autocross myself. In addition I can always have it dialed down on boost to a 400+ that can easily work with the 4.6 - the 325hp is a little low for what I wanted. I did want the GT500 before the stupid ADM and this car is really more of what I wanted a more balanced vehicle with the less weight. I am not dogging the GT500 by no means I still love the car but this is more in line with what I wanted from the beginning. Plus the customization you can do straight from SA is a big draw as well.

Last edited:

todd abbott

Established Member
I like the Shelby in both forms, what I would like is the "GT" at about 3700lbs and 375HP naturally aspriated, I would like to see them bring back all that made the original a classic, don't screw me around give me the goods and you'll get my business.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Milstang said:
Yes, I know they have a long standing relationship with Paxton but Amy Boylan has mentioned possibly 2 choices and since they are getting the handling package etc from FRPP it was a logical choice for them to possible go with the Whipple as the alternate.

I don't plan on racing it a lot at a drag strip, would prefer an autocross myself. In addition I can always have it dialed down on boost to a 400+ that can easily work with the 4.6 - the 325hp is a little low for what I wanted. I did want the GT500 before the stupid ADM and this car is really more of what I wanted a more balanced vehicle with the less weight. I am not dogging the GT500 by no means I still love the car but this is more in line with what I wanted from the beginning. Plus the customization you can do straight from SA is a big draw as well.

you dont need a blower. a racing cam, full length headers, and heads that actually flow can get you up to 400 to the wheels if you want. for the same price as a blower you will have less weight(better balance) and less heat which much better for autox or real track racing. talk to fourcam for more info on the n/a route.

the adm will be gone from the gt500 very shortly. :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ToddAbbott said:
I like the Shelby in both forms, what I would like is the "GT" at about 3700lbs and 375HP naturally aspriated, I would like to see them bring back all that made the original a classic, don't screw me around give me the goods and you'll get my business.

the shelby gt has 325 hp crank and will weight near what the mustang gt weights at 3450lbs. the gt500 weighs in at just over 3800lbs and has 500 hp crank.

Users who are viewing this thread