AmyB, I was wrong about the Shelby GT and here is why.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
BLKGT03 said:
Does anyone know when Ford will be issuing dealers more allocation on the GT500s. I hate to call the same places all over again to get the same answer. I knew they had set the initial allocations based on the formula that is posted somewhere on this site. But they mentioned that the balance of the cars for this year are going to be devided up based on there mustang sales and other criteria.

ford tells the dealerships they will get this many. the dealerships will have a list of so many people waiting for the car. when a car comes in one of 2 things generally happen. the dealer will set a price and go right down the list until they find someone to pay the asking price. or they will put the car on auction and everyone will have a chance to bid on it. when i say everyone, i mean everyone that has internet access.

call the dealerships and ask to order a new 07 or 08 gt500 at msrp and wait for an answer. if the answer is no go down the list.

dont get another car, you will not be satisfied.:(

Last edited:

GT-H Winner

Banned
Just a side note here.......

Amy,
When are we going to be able to start placing orders for the Shelby GT? After winning the Ultra Stang championship at Fun Ford Weekend (and getting two wins with the GT-H cars) I'm in need of a car to defend the title next season. Oh, and tell Joe J. that I'm trying to get a few more pictures for y'all from Bristol and Epping.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
So, could I order a GT Convertible and check the Shelby option?

PS- Going to Vegas in early November, have to visit the Shelby plant....It's like going back home!!!!! :pepper: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

This car is looking sweeter & sweeter. Now,the only extra I would want is a blower check box on the order form...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
crispy23c said:
So, could I order a GT Convertible and check the Shelby option?

PS- Going to Vegas in early November, have to visit the Shelby plant....It's like going back home!!!!! :pepper: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

This car is looking sweeter & sweeter. Now,the only extra I would want is a blower check box on the order form...

no clue on the vert, but i would not think so. when are you going to vegas. the sema show is the first few days in nov. if you can check it out, it is so sweet. better than any car show i have ever been to. not everyone can get in, you would need to sign up with some sort of auto or tuneing manufacturer or buyer and then show a business card. it would be mind blowing if you could get in.:pepper: :D :eek: :beer:

i was there in 04 stayed at nyny where the crew from troys rad rides were staying. troy trepanier has too much talent!:banana:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
no clue on the vert, but i would not think so. when are you going to vegas. the sema show is the first few days in nov. if you can check it out, it is so sweet. better than any car show i have ever been to. not everyone can get in, you would need to sign up with some sort of auto or tuneing manufacturer or buyer and then show a business card. it would be mind blowing if you could get in.:pepper: :D :eek: :beer:

i was there in 04 stayed at nyny where the crew from troys rad rides were staying. troy trepanier has too much talent!:banana:

Staying @ Bellagio 11/3 ish for 4-5 days. Thanks, dude!!! Good to know. I know a few folks in the industry. Mebbe I can make a few calls, ya know? As far as the 'vert factor, we did not think that would happen for the '500 and there ya go. And...Shelby built a few '66 GT350's back in the 80's. So I ask: Why NOT??? Maybe Amy B will drop us a hint (hint, hint..are you listening, Amy?????).

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
semashow.com

oct 31 - nov 3. having been to the show a couple times i know that you need hours and hours to see everything. meaning the best way would be to come into town the eve of 2nd to see the show all day on the 3rd.

its a super show, and fairly cheap if you have insider. its not open to the public. if you can work it out, i say go for it.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
THanks. I'll jiggle my plans if I can & post pics if I do. :D
So, do you think Amy B will answer my question: As far as the 'vert factor, we did not think that would happen for the '500 and there ya go. And...Shelby built a few '66 GT350's back in the 80's. So I ask: Why NOT??? Maybe Amy B will drop us a hint (hint, hint..are you listening, Amy?????).
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
amy will answer the question if she is for sure on the answer. she seems to be checking in here every week or two now.

sema is $15 if you register before oct 13. this is good for all 4 days. afterwords it is 70% higher

Last edited:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
2 Questions:
1) What are Shelby Standards, and how do I find a dealer;
2) Will the s/c be ordered & installed @ factory, or do I have it shipped home for after-market install?

Answers breed more questions... ;-)

Oh, oh, oh.....and question #3:

Vert option?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
crispy23c said:
2 Questions:
1) What are Shelby Standards, and how do I find a dealer;
2) Will the s/c be ordered & installed @ factory, or do I have it shipped home for after-market install?

Answers breed more questions... ;-)

Oh, oh, oh.....and question #3:

Vert option?

1. i am pretty sure, that customer service awards will go a long way for the dealers. but will they have to pay anything to be certified? if they do, look for adm to get back their investment.(dont let this happen amy!)
2. the blower will be installed and tuned at shelby by shelby auto. i am 95
% sure of this.

lastly the car and driver writers are wacked out! thats why i dont subscribe anymore.:bash: the gt500 wins for simple fact that it has a stick tranny it it!:D :beer:

Amyb

*********, Shelby Autos
Established Member
GT-H Winner said:
Just a side note here.......

Amy,
When are we going to be able to start placing orders for the Shelby GT? After winning the Ultra Stang championship at Fun Ford Weekend (and getting two wins with the GT-H cars) I'm in need of a car to defend the title next season. Oh, and tell Joe J. that I'm trying to get a few more pictures for y'all from Bristol and Epping.

Thanks!!!

HI SD!! We were just telling others about you today, do send more pics when you can... we want to show Shelby, we told him about your renting prowess. :)

Amy

PS- I suspect order will be officall nov/dec, some dealers have taken deposits already we have heard

Amy

Amyb

*********, Shelby Autos
Established Member
crispy23c said:
Staying @ Bellagio 11/3 ish for 4-5 days. Thanks, dude!!! Good to know. I know a few folks in the industry. Mebbe I can make a few calls, ya know? As far as the 'vert factor, we did not think that would happen for the '500 and there ya go. And...Shelby built a few '66 GT350's back in the 80's. So I ask: Why NOT??? Maybe Amy B will drop us a hint (hint, hint..are you listening, Amy?????).

LOL, all I can say for sure is: Right now, it is not in the plans, there are changes that would have t be made for a vert. That could change, so all I have is "right now"

Amy

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Amyb said:
LOL, all I can say for sure is: Right now, it is not in the plans, there are changes that would have t be made for a vert. That could change, so all I have is "right now"

Amy

Thanks, Amy! Look forward to getting there in Nov. Keep up the good work! :beer: :burnout:

Think about it! :coolman: :bowdown:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
question for amy -

i would guess that there would be a show car/s making the rounds of some of the national auto events such as miami and sema. is there a car/s(shelby gt) being shown to the public at the regional events such as the fun ford weekends?

the reason i am curious is that fun ford weekend is coming to phoenix(end of oct), and i would find my way in if a shelby gt was on display there. unfortunately i will not be able to make it to sema this year(was there in 03,04) which bums me out because i know how sweet the show.

GT-H Winner

Banned
Amy,
I'm waiting on some pictures that Rod Short took at Bristol. They'll be on their way shortly. Also, the Fun Ford Weekend calendar poster for 2007 will feature the Shelby GT-H as the Ultra Stang World Champion along with the other champions. I'll get y'all a few of them once their done.

Thanks!!!

Amyb

*********, Shelby Autos
Established Member
GT-H Winner said:
Amy,
I'm waiting on some pictures that Rod Short took at Bristol. They'll be on their way shortly. Also, the Fun Ford Weekend calendar poster for 2007 will feature the Shelby GT-H as the Ultra Stang World Champion along with the other champions. I'll get y'all a few of them once their done.

Thanks!!!

Thanks! that would be cool!

Also, on fun ford weekends, It's a ford gig, the car will be at Miami and SEMa, and some others.

A

Formula51

Established Member
Amyb said:
Thanks! that would be cool!

Also, on fun ford weekends, It's a ford gig, the car will be at Miami and SEMa, and some others.

A

If someon can go to one of these shows, please take and post lots of pictures. The white with silver stripes is very unique; subtle, yet sexy. I really like that color combo. Out of curiosity, can you get that combo on the GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Formula51 said:
If someon can go to one of these shows, please take and post lots of pictures. The white with silver stripes is very unique; subtle, yet sexy. I really like that color combo. Out of curiosity, can you get that combo on the GT500?

the sema show is sweet. but i cant make it this year, no money.(if someone wants to get me a room in vegas for two nights, i will pitch in for entry and travel fees.:-D ) i would have taken lots of photos.

i believe you can get it with the gt500. at least i dont see why not. they come in white. and you can order the silver or tungston stripe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread