An affordable n/a, 400rwhp recipe

Badaz01

Established Member
Na svt uses the dynojet for a reason. He considers it the most accurate.

Iirc the mustang dyno is overly generous most of the time.

If you have all the mods for the na svt recipe ( including LT), then 310-320 rwhp is about right without a tune.

Cams will get you 40-50 rwhp. Na svt (Todd Warren) can get you the cams you need for the oem piston cuts.

And/Or you can do wait on cams and do a total rebuild like the one in the article.
That’s good info I definitely want to get mine to a dyno jet at some point in my life. My car is a total build the only thing I haven’t done is painted the car lol.

shurur

Established Member
How much will the cams make without a tune?
Sorry..I meant with a tune...and just edited my comment.
You need the "tune" once you add the 90mm MAF, but I honestly don't know how much a tune gets you toward the total pre cam mods.

I think the addition of CAMs necessitates a tune.

shurur

Established Member
That’s good info I definitely want to get mine to a dyno jet at some point in my life. My car is a total build the only thing I haven’t done is painted the car lol.
Want to see that dyno pre and post cam mod...please.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Thanks but I guess there is no hope without having to take the engine apart.-- but where is there a link for standard NA recipe and that can pass california smog?
Mill the heads .040", 10" short runner intake, cams that idle smooth and have little overlap.

Users who are viewing this thread