An evil wind blows...

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
Some of the rumors surrounding this car...

7.0L C5R based 427, minimum 500 HP...confirmed, no longer a rumor

Same FRC body style as current Z06 (no fastback) but the roof in the pic is rumored to NOT be the final decision

Price.....$68,900

Rear tires...325/30-19...confirmed, no info on front tires

Hydroformed aluminum frame and carbon fiber body panels will put vehicle weight in the 2900 pound range...this is still a rumor but there is compelling evidence to support this.

This car will be unveiled during the January 05 Detroit auto show.

Screw the garage...this baby is going in my living room. Now, which wall to knock down? Hmmmmm?:-D

Last edited:

mardyn

Established Member
new ZO6 specs sound pretty awesome... but that coupe body style.. :shrug: What's up with that?... I'd come a lot closer to having to own one if it were available with the fastback option...

I'm sure the performance will be way up there too... should be a cool ride.

mardyn

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
Originally posted by mardyn
but that coupe body style.. :shrug: What's up with that?... I'd come a lot closer to having to own one if it were available with the fastback option...

Most current Z owners prefer the notchback or FRC roof over the fast back. The goal here is to make the new super-vette look as visually different from regular vettes as possible (note the flared fenders not found on the new C6) I think the target market is current Z06 owners.

Awwww crap...this is a re-post. Mods you can delete this if you like.

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by VettTheRipper
Most current Z owners prefer the notchback or FRC roof over the fast back. The goal here is to make the new super-vette look as visually different from regular vettes as possible (note the flared fenders not found on the new C6) I think the target market is current Z06 owners.

Awwww crap...this is a re-post. Mods you can delete this if you like.

I can't wait to see what LPE does to one of those bad boys.:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread