Anchor room vinyl....wow.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
So I have an 04 trunk on my 01, of course, 3rd brake light is cracked. I fixed it with some clear epoxy, sanded, and reinstalled. Looked like a cracked light that had been fixed, obviously. I ordered a vinyl tint for that and a matte black piece to cover the area on the rear of the trunk as well, thought it might look cool from what I saw on their site.

First impressions opening the shipping tube, "hm, this is going to look sick".

First impression upon application to the 3rd brake light, "wow, so I just wasted $20 on that". Fit like absolute crap, too short and you can clearly see the red plastic on the edges in the day from with 20 ft.

First impressions upon attempting to apply the vinyl to the back of thr trunk, "How the f**k is the company in business!??"
Again, absolute crap. One of the 3 vinyl pieces even had a defect in a visible area about 1 inch long similar to permanent crease before I even attempted to remove it from the decal sheet. I read the instructions, prepped perfectly, applied the applicator fluid (a spray solution of 4 drops of dish soap and water), none of that was the problem. The problem was that it just fits like crap. Pretty sure this is some chinese ordered, ebay crap they market as "perfect fitting" "high quality" crap!

So, unless anyone else is DYING to waste $40, of yeah, now I need to reapply another SVT emblem as well because it requires the removal of that trunk emblem, so if anyone wants to waste $55, I highly recommend you direct your business towards anchor room and their crap vinyl products.

End of rant.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
He's a local guy (to me) and I've bought a few parts off of him before (he has a small used parts business for Terminator parts, car part outs, etc.), and have never had any issues. Also know a few guys that have bought some of his vinyl products and I've never heard of anyone complaining. I can't speak for the actual vinyl material that he uses, but I'm pretty sure that all of the measuring and templates that he uses for his cutouts are actually done in-house. Sorry to hear about your experience, perhaps some others can chime in.

And some pics would help your argument as well.

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
Anchor Room did my Mach 1 stripes, came out perfect and easy to apply. Maybe you should contact them? I'm sure they would fix any issues you had. I've had nothing but great service and prompt shipping.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I've been out of town visiting my new school in the great north, sorry for the late reply. I didn't take pics, I wasn't planning on sharing the unfortunate results until I needed to vent a little. Take my word for it, it would have turned out great like they advertise it will, there would have been pics of the upgrade. I don't take pics of parts I'm tossing.

Users who are viewing this thread