Annoying neighbor?

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I have neighbors that play loud rap music alot at night while I am trying to sleep . And I have called the cops on them atleast 10 times . But the cops tell me they told them to turn it down. One cop drove to my house after I called and told me there was nothing he could do but if he comes out 3 or 4 times he will find something to charge them with. Every time I call the cops it seems to be a different one that comes out. I have notice they also drive threw my yard alot because there drive way gets muddy. What can I do to fix the problem legally.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I have neighbors that play loud rap music alot at night while I am trying to sleep . And I have called the cops on them atleast 10 times . But the cops tell me they told them to turn it down. One cop drove to my house after I called and told me there was nothing he could do but if he comes out 3 or 4 times he will find something to charge them with. Every time I call the cops it seems to be a different one that comes out. I have notice they also drive threw my yard alot because there drive way gets muddy. What can I do to fix the problem legally.

Call Code Enforcement as there is a Pasco County Noise Ordinance that holds 10 pm to 7 am as a reduced noise time and that noise levels over a set amount (I recall 65 dbl) is a violation and could lead to misdemeanor charges.

Put up those green metal landscape stakes to block your property so they can't drive across the lawn.

Also call Capt. Duff in Operations, (352) 521-1493 and explain the situation with the number of calls and the varying officers. Explain that because of this each individual officer isnt understanding the full extent of the problem, as they only see it once or maybe twice.

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
Call Code Enforcement as there is a Pasco County Noise Ordinance that holds 10 pm to 7 am as a reduced noise time and that noise levels over a set amount (I recall 65 dbl) is a violation and could lead to misdemeanor charges.

The officer that talk to me about it said it did not matter what time it was. But he also said they dont have dbl meter in there cars. Maybe its because I live the county limits and not in the city.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The officer that talk to me about it said it did not matter what time it was. But he also said they dont have dbl meter in there cars. Maybe its because I live the county limits and not in the city.

If you live in the county, then Dade City should not be addressing the issue at all. It should be properly addressed with Pasco S.O.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
do what i do i have neighbors just like that they party until the next morning i have also called the cops and they have come numerous times just like you stated, any ways i have to go to work early so i need to get sleep but these bastards dont care so i found the remedy on the days im off they fionally finish partying around 7 am and sleep all day after so i get in my cobra and do a long ass burn out right in front off there house boy were they pissed:burnout:

black N/A beast

Established Member
find a easy soultion, buy a marshall 100 watt stack and aim it at their house and play guitar, even if you cant. and if they say anything just say im trying to be loud and annoying just like you.

69fb

Established Member

Put up those green metal landscape stakes to block your property so they can't drive across the lawn.

Also call Capt. Duff in Operations, (352) 521-1493 and explain the situation with the number of calls and the varying officers. Explain that because of this each individual officer isnt understanding the full extent of the problem, as they only see it once or maybe twice.

Wow....very nice! :rockon::beer:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
In California I beleive you can sue your neighbor for disturbing your right to live in peace. There is a process you need to follow though.

jshen

Established Member
Just remember when all is done those people will still live next to you so relations may not improve. I agree with the idea of talking with them. We all have crappy neighbors- mine get the biggest dogs they can find when they move in this neighborhood and they let them bark w/o regard to neighbors and law. I call them when they disturb me- I also have ear plugs to help in sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread