Annoying Problem. Please help!!!

uskrewd

Established Member
Ok so after gettin my lpw diff cover put on the other day, I was driving home and my interior light came on randomly and my car started dinging as if the door was open. the light and the sound comes off and on constantly and quite frankly it's driving me nuts. Yes, I'm sure both of the doors are closed. When I get out and lock the car the interior light stays on. So to prevent the battery from dying, I just took the interior bulb out. The dinging noise is still driving me nuts. Can anybody please help me figure out how to make this stop, I'd greatly appreciate it. :shrug:

01SVTSTANG

Established Member
There is a switch integrated into the door latch that controls your dome light and door ajar alarm. It might be stuck making the computer think the door is open or causing it to intermittently turn on and off. You need to spray it with wd40 (or something similar like pb blaster) and then with some silicone spray lubricant. Once you do that on BOTH doors, shut them a couple of times so the sensor "fixes itself" Try that out and see if it works! Make sure you do it on both doors, as you don't know if its your driver or passenger door! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
There is a switch integrated into the door latch that controls your dome light and door ajar alarm. It might be stuck making the computer think the door is open or causing it to intermittently turn on and off.

the mach i had did the same thing, mine needed a new switch.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Somewhat related to door switches...

The other day I noticed an annoying rattle from my door when I would hit bumps ~ as if the door were not completely closed.
I checked it out, and it turns out that the door latch screws were VERY loose! Enough that the door latch was wiggling in the door.
Checked the passenger side and it was loose too, but not as much.

Tightened them both down, and so far no more rattle.

So maybe check those out - if the door insn't completely closed / latched / tight, then maybe the switch isn't being met fully.

Users who are viewing this thread