Annoying questions, but ones with pictures...

fejwe

Established Member
I bet these are pretty basic, too...

1) Does everyone have this silly looking gap between their interior rear quarter panel and the squishy headrest like thing, where you can see like 1/2 inch of plastic behind it? Any way to get rid of it? I hate the way it looks.

dsc00107ut3.jpg

2) Should the plug wires look like this?

dsc00111lr2.jpg

A friend of mine bought some wires for a Lincoln he used to have, and he insists they're Cobra wires. But they're like 2 inches shorter than the ones I have in my Cobra currently (which are also more tube-like). He said he thought that this bulge-thingy to the left of the dipstick

dsc00110ud3.jpg

wasn't how he thought the '97 looked like. That said, though, he isn't a ford guy, so he probably just bought the wrong plug wires. But I wanted to know before I gave them back to him.

Thanks in advance,
T

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have thatspace in my rear seat. Do you have it on the other side of the seat?

If memory serves me correctly, the coil packs are in a different spot on the Mark VIII. So, I can see why the wires would be shorter. Other than length, they are the exact same.
As far as the cam cover goes, they are the exact same as the Mark VIII's

Last edited by a moderator:

poisonpony96

Established Member
I don't have that gap don't know about the wire and i think your talking about the bulge on the valve cover there is a gear there thats why there is a bulge nothing looks out of place

fejwe

Established Member
Yeah I have the same gap on both sides. I unscrewed it and tried to move it down but then the seat doesn't fit in. It's almost like the hinged/split seat wouldn't fit properly if the padding thing fit correctly. But it's hard to tell. I'll take more pics of the mystery gap on the other side tomorrow, but it looks almost exactly the same, just reversed.

Users who are viewing this thread