Another 03 Cobra vs SRT8

89shoyamaha

Established Member
I am on my way to the bank and behind me I see a red 300C. I could not tell what kind until he gets over one lane to the right. It is a SRT8 and he comes up to pass. I hope to catch the next light but 2 lanes are occupied w/one open and he gets in it. I get behind him and throw a rev. He doesn't respond but I know he is going to hit it. When the light changes he goes pretty hard and I have to play catch-up. I try to roll on the throttle and the tires still spin so I shift instead of feathering and it hooks slightly but he is already 1/2 car ahead. I start to walk at a decent pace but before I can pass we run out of road. We slow down and chat about the cars and he had an exhaust which sounded awesome. He asked if that thing ran 11's and I said no mid to low 12's. He was impressed!

xonecrazyx

Established Member
sound like fun gotta be real carefull in va beach cops there can really suck . they hassled my notch huge when i was down visiting my brother . said was too loud etc

Fourcam330

Established Member
there are some really heavily modded SRT-8s around VA beach. good run.

My buddy Mike in MD has ran a string of 12.6s@115 in a Charger SRT8 with CAI, tune, and catback--on the stock 255/20s no less. He just went catless and is up 3mpg on the highway; should make for another mph in the quarter as well.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My buddy Mike in MD has ran a string of 12.6s@115 in a Charger SRT8 with CAI, tune, and catback--on the stock 255/20s no less. He just went catless and is up 3mpg on the highway; should make for another mph in the quarter as well.

That's crazy fast for those mods, what track? My buddy in his basic bolt-on Firehawk, (no headers) pulled a 1/4 length on a Charger SRT-8 with those mods and there is no way his Hawk comes close to trapping 115mph.

Fourcam330

Established Member
That's crazy fast for those mods, what track? My buddy in his basic bolt-on Firehawk, (no headers) pulled a 1/4 length on a Charger SRT-8 with those mods and there is no way his Hawk comes close to trapping 115mph.

Either Cecil or MID. I'll find out. There were quite a few other SRT8s out there to witness it. He also ran 11.2@120 with a stock longblock (headers, catback, tune, CAI, T-stat) and 175 shot in his Jeep SRT8.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread