Another 10 second VMP TVS powered Cobra.

93stang5.0

Established Member
Finally had a chance to head out to the track with the new setup. First pass was a 10.81 @134 mph with a 1.7 60'. It was a total of two passes but my clutch slipped on the second pass. Very pleased with the results considering the nasty 75/80 degree humid weather. The first pass should've been faster but the car bogged a little in first, you can see it in the vid. I need way more seat time that's for sure. As far as mods 2.3 tvs, 3.3/4lb lower, corn and supporting mods. Big thanks to 04sleeper for the remote tune.

http://youtu.be/MFLgHAtEt3U

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice job! So what's hp and boost are you at?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Congrats on breaking into the 10s. With some better air and a better 60 I bet you can dip into the 10.50s. I cant wait to get my bushing kit and slicks so I can hit the track up.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Excellent job bud! Disregard the pm, now I see the results ;). 04sleeper got you right, Kevin knows his shit.

93stang5.0

Established Member
Congrats on breaking into the 10s. With some better air and a better 60 I bet you can dip into the 10.50s. I cant wait to get my bushing kit and slicks so I can hit the track up.
I agree bud and the car also has polly sub frame bushings, Ford Racing Diff cover, FTBR rear and front diff bushings. I have a RXT on order and will be back out soon.
Excellent congrats
Thanks man.
Excellent job bud! Disregard the pm, now I see the results ;). 04sleeper got you right, Kevin knows his shit.
Thanks bro, Kevin defiantly helped me out not only with the tune but the hole setup.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Good chance that your clutch was the issue with the 1.7. Probably didn't want to hold as well as it should. Get that RXT and better weather and report back :)

cj428mach

Established Member
*sigh*

I wish VMP would just come out with an EGR equipped TVS. I'm tired of waiting and not hearing anything on it so I'm ordering the stuff to go E85 and keeping the Whipple.

93stang5.0

Established Member
Thanks.
Good chance that your clutch was the issue with the 1.7. Probably didn't want to hold as well as it should. Get that RXT and better weather and report back :)
Yep the RXT should help out tons but I also need more seat time. I will report back.
*sigh*

I wish VMP would just come out with an EGR equipped TVS. I'm tired of waiting and not hearing anything on it so I'm ordering the stuff to go E85 and keeping the Whipple.
The whipple will make great power on the corn man. GL
Nice run OP.
I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread