Another AED Kool Aid drunkard

BADBOSS

Established Member
:rolling:

Went to see Shaun last week in Sacramento for a little Kool Aid and have fell in love with my car all over again. We squeezed another 28 RWHP with his tune and the AIRAID Parnelli Jones intake over my previous tune and stock box. It pulls hard across the range now with amazing throttle response. Great results and a great experience. I can't say enough...thanx Shaun!

:pepper:

Para81

Established Member
I'm surprised they are getting that much more out of this engine, that's impressive.

Couple questions, Is there a way I can keep my track key with this tune? Also what is your redline set at?

Ochoblanco

Established Member
^the Trackey should not be affected at all. The tune will be loaded "on" the silver key. If you want to return to stock, you can do that. And the Trackey is active again. At least that's my understanding.

Tyler72

Established Member
From what I've read, Shaun is one of the only ones that can tune your car without ruining the track key capability. But, I think you have to flash in the stock tune to be able to use the track key. That kinda sucks though because that means you can't get the most out of your mods & use launch control too.

Have your cake & eat it too? That would be unheard of.

5 DOT 0

Established Member

Went to see Shaun last week in Sacramento for a little Kool Aid and have fell in love with my car all over again. We squeezed another 28 RWHP with his tune and the AIRAID Parnelli Jones intake over my previous tune and stock box. It pulls hard across the range now with amazing throttle response. Great results and a great experience. I can't say enough...thanx Shaun!

I'll be there next Friday but not for a tune. Are you still running the stock exhaust with cats? And what's your rev limiter set at? Can you post up the chart?

Boss949

Established Member
I'm surprised they are getting that much more out of this engine, that's impressive.

Couple questions, Is there a way I can keep my track key with this tune? Also what is your redline set at?

The only way to keep the TracKey is to use the Airaid Carbon Fiber Parnelli Jones #453-174.

This unit has an "insert". With the insert in place you can use the TracKey. If you want to use AED Tune, then you have to physically remove the Airaid insert. I'm told it's a 10 minute process??

Those mods are next on my list.

BADBOSS

Established Member
I am running the JBA high flow cats , x pipes and 3 inch exhaust. I do not have a scanner but will try to figure something out.

Ochoblanco

Established Member
The only way to keep the TracKey is to use the Airaid Carbon Fiber Parnelli Jones #453-174.

This unit has an "insert". With the insert in place you can use the TracKey. If you want to use AED Tune, then you have to physically remove the Airaid insert. I'm told it's a 10 minute process??

Those mods are next on my list.

I'm running a standard Airraid cai with the Trackey with no issues whatsoever.
You can use the Trackey with the C&L intake (no tune req version) with no problem. The software will stay put as long as the stock tune is saved which it should be in the PCM as soon as Shaun starts tuning it. You return it to stock, start it with the Trackey and you should be fine

65sohc

Established Member

What were your final hp and tq readings?

Tyler72

Established Member
What I meant was, you can't run the track key with the AED tune installed. So basically, you can leave the insert out & make 430 HP with the AED tune, or flash back to stock & reinstall the insert & make 410 with the track key. So let's say the AED tune is the cake, & the track key is the fork. See where I'm going? Lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But I'm under the assumtion that there's no way to get launch control with the silver key. Not that I really need it, but its the cool factor for me. So while the idle lope (or lack there of) can be selected by changing tunes with the x3, no matter what tune you use, you can't get LC without the red key running the car.

Another question... Has anybody tried it??? I mean, like tried to use their track key with an AED tune to see what happens?

Tyler72

Established Member
Really?

That's not a good idea in my opinion. Chopping up the wiring harness on a brand new car to install a "universal" module just seems like a bad thing to do. Especially when it clearly can be done with programming.

65sohc

Established Member
438.6 RWHP and 402 ftp

Just to clarify, had your car already been tuned by Shaun with the stock intake box? In other words did he merely modify a previous AED tune to allow for the larger MAF housing of the Airaid or did he pick up additional power in the tune itself? Is this on 91 octane?

Users who are viewing this thread