another brake question

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
O.k. guys, I desperatly need some new brakes. Im pretty much set on getting the Stage 1 front kit from TCE but I have a couple more questions. When I order what pads should I request for the best initial bite ? Im not really concerned with the dust factor since I only drive the truck on weekends now. Also, for the rear, what rotors most closely resemble the TCE rotors ?? I was thinkin powerslots, but wasnt sure. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Finally, what kind of install am I looking at for the TCE kit ?? I can do the stock replacement stuff without any trouble.....is it pretty much a remove and replace ? or is there other things that need to be accounted for ??

Thanks guys.

ecoastkid

Established Member
O.k. guys, I desperatly need some new brakes. Im pretty much set on getting the Stage 1 front kit from TCE but I have a couple more questions. When I order what pads should I request for the best initial bite ? Im not really concerned with the dust factor since I only drive the truck on weekends now. Also, for the rear, what rotors most closely resemble the TCE rotors ?? I was thinkin powerslots, but wasnt sure. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Finally, what kind of install am I looking at for the TCE kit ?? I can do the stock replacement stuff without any trouble.....is it pretty much a remove and replace ? or is there other things that need to be accounted for ??

Thanks guys.

1. Todd will help you select pads based on your needs...there are probably more then 10 different compounds to choose from.

2. Dunno on the rears...I left mine stock

3. You MUST have a torque wrench. You will be replacing the rotors which require repacking the bearings (Can be VERY messy)and re torquing with a specific procedure...(avail on this board in the how section...just look for how to replace front rotors). Other then that it's pretty easy

FordBoIE

Orgasm_donor
Established Member
ive been looking at the tce kits too. looks like it comes with everything you need to put it on. Just bolt it up according to the site. You can call them and they should be able to tell you its an easy bolt up assembly, but you will need to bleed the system.

Users who are viewing this thread