another cherry popped...first time at the track tonight

Pony2NV

Established Member
Went to Etown to run the snake for the first time tonight. Track sucked BIG TIME!!!! Very slippery! First run was a 16.4, couldn't even go full throttle till 4th gear. Anyway, track got a little better at the end. Last run of the night, and only decent one, was a 13.66 @ 108,5 MPH, with a cruddy 2.50 60'. Itching to get back, on a decent track day, and shoot for a 12.xx.

tvguy

Originally posted by Pony2NV
[B with a cruddy 2.50 60'. [/B]

those 60' #'s pretty much sums up your times. A 16.4 though on your first run?? I hope you weren't lines up next to a focus or other 4cyl car on that run. VERY nice improvement though from your worst to best run. Practice makes perfect. In these cars especially.
pacotaco

Pony2NV

Established Member
yea, definitely need more practice. The 16.4 was just a nightmare, spin and wheelhop through every gear. I basically gave up at half track. It was a civic or something I was racing, ran a 13.7. Would've handed him his a** if I could've hooked up. The second and third runs were pretty bad too, 14.6 and 14.1. Same story, mad spin and wheelhop. The track improved a lot near the end of the night, as they kept going out and drying it.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
good job, high 12s should be no problem on a good night. damn i wasn't sure if it was gonna be open. i braved the rain last week, and it ended up being a perfect night getting 6 runs in. where in nj you from? at etown bfgs help A LOT.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
the civic ran a 13.7!! Good god! Thats a fast import! Anyway, practice and learn how to launch the car and you will do great.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Been there, done that. Last Dec I went to street night in g'ville and couldnt get under 14 to save my life. I almost got beat by a freakin riced-up turbo CAVALIER:bash: I packed it in after that till March. Stickier tires might help

jason

DimMaK

Banned
Originally posted by Pony2NV
Went to Etown to run the snake for the first time tonight. Track sucked BIG TIME!!!! Very slippery! First run was a 16.4, couldn't even go full throttle till 4th gear. Anyway, track got a little better at the end. Last run of the night, and only decent one, was a 13.66 @ 108,5 MPH, with a cruddy 2.50 60'. Itching to get back, on a decent track day, and shoot for a 12.xx.

:eek:

Pony2NV

Established Member
fiorefiveoh, I live up in W. Paterson, in Passaic County. The best nights to go are the ones when its threatening rain, if you wanna take the chance of it getting rained out. Not many people show. And I forgot to mention this earlier, but I saw at least three or four cars (all imports of course) drive right thru the water box and then go straight to the staging line, with no burnout. No wonder the track was so frickin slippery!!! When will they ever learn?

Users who are viewing this thread