Another Clutch question.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Okay, the wife drives the focus more than I do. She has mentioned this to me now a total of 2 times. She has been driving along and all of a sudden the Clutch pedal goes to the floor when she presses it. To her surprise, it stayed there on the floor. She was not in any panic, she just reached down and pulled it back up and it started to act normal again.

So, does any one here have a definitive answer to my question. As to why the clutch pedal would act this way.

I know were going to replace the Damn stock piece of crap clutch that's in it. Along with that God awfull heavy fly wheel. I just am looking for what is going on with the darn thing.

I know it's going to cost me out the but to have it replaced. But I want to know ahead of time what is going on.

Also, what good quality clutch and fly wheel should I be looking for when I am ready to make my purchase. I plan on upgrading the car in the near future. So I want a quality clutch that will take some abuse...

Thanks, Jason.

SVT_Trout

Established Member
I suggest getting down there and looking. If it has only happened twice, there is a good chance you can see what the problem is.

If that does not work...Since you are getting some work done anyway...just ask the shop to check it out.

Let me ask you this; does the Cruise Control still work? Check that out when you get a chance.

CT SVT

Established Member
is there brake fluid on the clutch pedal? the clutch master are know it leak and cause problems. a new know only cost $40.

i got 90k on orignal 1st gen SVTF clutch. lol clutch chatter for 3 years and still going strong.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
No leaks in side the car. I think after further inspection today, it just might be the Slave cylinder going bad? I did notice a slight leak on the transmission housing. Right were it bolts to the motor. There also seems to be some oil coming out around the shifter shaft.

Not sure 100%, but I think it time to start saving for my new clutch.

CT SVT

Established Member
no they leak down the firewall and down the clutch pedal but seeing that your not topping off the fluid there's no leaks.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Buddy of mine had the same problem with his Focus...one day it went to the floor and stayed there. He took it apart and not only did the disc come apart but the throwout bearing was in like 4 seperate pieces..it just split and ate the clutch up. Sounds like what yours is doing....but he didnt have an svt focus....just a normal one.

bluesvt420

Established Member
go with the stage 2 sports clutch unless you really want a good clutch go with the stage 3 focus power they make a great clutch and it will last a long time with any kinda beating

Users who are viewing this thread