Another Cobra Gone

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Lol ya I'm going to but like I said earlier they really do look waay better in person vs the pics

What u mean get the heads addressed?

The LS7s have a well documented valve guide wear resulting in blown engines issue. This is why most guys serious of driving these cars and or modifying them decide to get aftermarket heads or at the very least replace the valves and guides with aftermarket and more durable pieces. I think I was the guy you were talking to a few weeks ago regarding a possible trade for your black cobra and my 08 z06 if I am not mistaken.

But nevertheless, just my 2 cents. Aftermarket heads are a must on this car if you plan on having any sort of fun with it :beer:

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
go to corvetteforum and buy a set of takeoff heads.. send them to wcch for their st.2 treatment and then sell yours.. thats what I did..

Stock valves have been known to drop..

Gotcha

Did you get very much trade in for the cobra? Usually dealers shaft you on that.

They gave me 20K for it, was good enough to get into the Z

Jesus, enough with the wheels already. OP car and wheels looks sick.

Thanks man.

Congrats bro :beer:! Your Cobra was mint too.. If I remember correctly, you bought it stock & pristine with very low miles after the 1st one got stolen.. Is it at the dealership in Fairfield? If so, my cousin was wanting to get a black Cobra and I think yours would be perfect :rockon:

I bought the Cobra privet party with 9K on it traded it with 27K in Sacramento Audi, still looked new in and out, last they told me they were going to action it but I dont know. FYI it is all stock now, just lowered and the Fluidyne H/E

The LS7s have a well documented valve guide wear resulting in blown engines issue. This is why most guys serious of driving these cars and or modifying them decide to get aftermarket heads or at the very least replace the valves and guides with aftermarket and more durable pieces. I think I was the guy you were talking to a few weeks ago regarding a possible trade for your black cobra and my 08 z06 if I am not mistaken.

But nevertheless, just my 2 cents. Aftermarket heads are a must on this car if you plan on having any sort of fun with it :beer:

Good to know but for now im just tinting it up, lowering it, change the wheels with a catless corsa exhuast for alil while, to be honest this car as way faster the my Cobra and it will be plenty for alittle bit also there is a premium warranty on it that covers everything minus brakes and clutch but when ready I will be doing the whole H/C/I thing for sure. I wasnt the guy about the Cobra.

HandBanana

Established Member
Congrats. wheels look crazy but you can fix that easy enough. I don't think I could ever own a C6 Z after being in my buddy's when we got pulled by a Neon SRT-4. :dw: He had just gotten it. Oh dear...

Blown02

Established Member
Congrats. wheels look crazy but you can fix that easy enough. I don't think I could ever own a C6 Z after being in my buddy's when we got pulled by a Neon SRT-4. :dw: He had just gotten it. Oh dear...

Huh?? Musta been a really badass neon.. Your statement doesn't mKe sense.. I'm pretty sure the neon would smoke ur mustang if it pulled a c6z06

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Nice swap. I didnt see too many terminators or Z06's on the streets when I live in norcal. Cant go wrong with either

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
You people are nuts the wheels look good on that car!! Don't powder coat them black and "murder out" that car that shit is soooooo played out. They may not be the wheels I would pick if I was going to buy a set but they are better than stock. Nice car enjoy!!

Users who are viewing this thread