Another convert....

MLMike25

Established Member
As of yesterday, I went from this...
photo-2.gif

to this...
39245274001_large.jpg

Its the right car at the right time. The Terminator's probably more fun to drive, but at this point, I'll take slightly less HP for way more creature comforts.

**This might be a silly question, but is there a FAQ about the 2012's like there's this for Terminators?

Last edited:

JL-KA

Established Member
No no faq like that. Feel free to spend hours and hours working on one if you'd like. That looks like it took forever.
If I had a Mystic Cobra I would never have traded. Any other color sure...but not Mystic.

Last edited:

MLMike25

Established Member
No no faq like that. Feel free to spend hours and hours working on one if you'd like. That looks like it took forever.
If I had a Mystic Cobra I would never have traded. Any other color sure...but not Mystic.

The color was definitely nice and an attention-grabber everywhere. But I "fell out of love" with the car... probably had a lot to do with the fact that it had over 100K in miles and needed several things done to it. Plus I wanted the "creature comforts" that a Terminator just doesn't offer.

The Terminator was absolutely more fun to drive and a better "looking" car IMO, but I don't regret the change. I'll probably pick up another Terminator a few years from now if/when they drop under 10K.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Nice. You might change your tune about it not being as fun in a little while. Mine certainly isn't as fast as my KB cobra, but as a whole, it's far more fun to drive. At least, I think it is...I'm really happy with the switch personally.

MLMike25

Established Member
Nice. You might change your tune about it not being as fun in a little while. Mine certainly isn't as fast as my KB cobra, but as a whole, it's far more fun to drive. At least, I think it is...I'm really happy with the switch personally.

True dat. I took it out last night and was pretty surprised with how well it pulled in 5th gear.

BTW, what's the general policy on how-to grenade these engines? With Terminators, boosting in 5th and 6th gear wasn't good. Anything similar with these cars?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
True dat. I took it out last night and was pretty surprised with how well it pulled in 5th gear.

BTW, what's the general policy on how-to grenade these engines? With Terminators, boosting in 5th and 6th gear wasn't good. Anything similar with these cars?

Nothing that I know of. They seem pretty stout so far, although a couple of people have trashed #8. But that seems to be just a few folks, most people are beating the crap out of them without issue.

Now, I did read that keeping the engine above 4500rpm for prolonged periods will heat the oil up with a quickness, and that the engineering team recommended an oil cooler if you are going to do that. Apparently they tried to get one installed from the factory, but were not able to get it past the penny pinchers. So, if I had to give you suggestions, it would be:
1) don't thrash it until it warms up
2) IF you are going to spend lots of time above 4500rpm, get an oil cooler.

MLMike25

Established Member
Nothing that I know of. They seem pretty stout so far, although a couple of people have trashed #8. But that seems to be just a few folks, most people are beating the crap out of them without issue.

Now, I did read that keeping the engine above 4500rpm for prolonged periods will heat the oil up with a quickness, and that the engineering team recommended an oil cooler if you are going to do that. Apparently they tried to get one installed from the factory, but were not able to get it past the penny pinchers. So, if I had to give you suggestions, it would be:
1) don't thrash it until it warms up
2) IF you are going to spend lots of time above 4500rpm, get an oil cooler.

Good stuff. Thanks man.

Users who are viewing this thread