Another dead battery thread.

Black10thSVT

Established Member
Ok guy I know there have been alot of dead battery threads lately. But mine bit the dust today. So I guess my question is, What is everyone using for a replacement. I want to use a redtop but I dont know if it will fit in the factory location.

I did a search but I guess Iused the wrong words.

Terminated03

Established Member
My redtop is smaller than the tray. I just shimmed it. It doesnt fit as well as the OEM battery, but it is snug and secure.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i had to bite the bullet today to and buy a new battery. i got the optima yellow top and it fit right in the stock location perfectly. and its nice too cause it matches my car :)

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Bought a red top a few months ago. Took every one they had in the store outside till I found one I was happy with. Used an aftermarket shim to mount it to the factory tray and it's secure as anything.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Is it like a little clearencing or sawzall type mods. Dont really want hack up the tray. Guess I could buy a used one to do this too.

I had to dremel a bit of one side of the tray, but the 34/78 is bigger than the stocker by a touch.

There's a Thread on here somewhere with pics.

My redtop is smaller than the tray. I just shimmed it. It doesnt fit as well as the OEM battery, but it is snug and secure.

What Group # is yours?

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
i have a yellow top and it dropped right in. i like it because it doesnt die when sitting there, it runs all of my added electronics without difficulty, and its warrantied for like 7 years, well worth the 200 bucks

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I still had my stock Ford batt in my '03 up until 2 weeks ago. Nothing was wrong with it.. just that it was the original for my car, and my car was built 12/9/02. Yea, over 7 years old! I figure if the stocker lasted that long, and was still going strong, that's what needed to go back in the car!

Black10thSVT

Established Member
I had to dremel a bit of one side of the tray, but the 34/78 is bigger than the stocker by a touch.

There's a Thread on here somewhere with pics.

Think Im leaning to to the redtop 34/78. I can live with a little trimming like that.

And like BlckBox04 Its cuz I like that it kinda Matches my car.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Just get an OE replacement, Motorcraft p.n. BXT 59. My stocker just died three weeks ago (7 years old). Why fool around with rigging the Optima to fit when the BXT 59 drops right in? Besides do a little research on Optima batteries, they aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Users who are viewing this thread