Another door panel question

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I heard that the '10 and up door panels will fit the '07-09's. Is this true? Anyone have pictures? Any required modifications to make them fit? Thanks!

EDIT:::See below for pics with '13 doors installed on my '07.

Last edited:

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Well I decided to say F it and just bought some. We will see if they work or not. I got it off of good old ebay and it says they should fit. So I will post up some pics and impressions once I get them installed (if they work). lol

FordGT08

Established Member
Well I decided to say F it and just bought some. We will see if they work or not. I got it off of good old ebay and it says they should fit. So I will post up some pics and impressions once I get them installed (if they work). lol

Please do bro! I'd love to see some pic. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Stetler17

Established Member

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Thanks for the link! Well to add it to this forum I guess I'll be the test pig. I'll post up pics when I get it all done. They should be here 2 Nov.

phinhead34

Established Member
I would be interested in this info as well. I've reglued mine already and was surprised how poor quality they were.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
UPDATE: So long story short, they do fit! However, you do have to do some slight modifications to make them fit. First off, I noticed that the connections for the window switches were different. So, I had to remove my old ones and make them fit into the hole the new ones had. The driver's side wasn't too bad but the passenger side took a little more fabrication and alignment to make fit. I also had to bore out the hole where the switches go. I just used a dremel and sanded down the front edge so the switches didn't get stuck down. Next, my door panels that I bought came with an led light by the handle for some reason so I just yanked it out. No need for it and it just confused me when it was there. lol Following onto the door itself fits pretty good. The bottom holes don't line up as there are only 3 instead of the stock 4. Also, the side bolts where the door meets by the back seat don't line up properly, nor does the bolt right behind the door handle lever. To fix the issues with the bottom of the door I drilled 2 holes in the location of the holes in the door and for the sides I drilled two more off to the side of where they were supposed to be. It doesn't look too bad and if I ever go back to stock doors no one will ever see the holes. The alignment of the door is slightly off/shorter towards the back. It is barely noticeable though and really doesn't bother me too much. Another issue I found was on the back side of the door by the 6x9 speaker, there is a plastic stub sticking out that I had to cut off. It just doesn't go into the stock location hole. Lastly, the door locks are slightly cocked to the side and don't work too well without boring out the hole a little bit. (Yes, that is what she said...I had to before someone else did.) So I again just used the trusty Dremel to open it up a bit. It isn't perfect by any means but it works. Another option would be to cut the lock rod down. Mine goes down and up just fine but it doesn't lock all the way down the first time I hit the button. So I have to hit the lock button twice and it goes all the way down. I do that anyway just so I hear the horn and know its locked. Not a big deal for me. I will try posting pics of all this to give everyone an idea. Feel free to ask any questions you may have! Over all it took me about an hour and a half to complete both sides.

IMG_4229 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4242 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4243 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4244 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4245 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

Pic of where to cut on the inside of the door-
IMG_4239 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

Pic of where to sand down the opening and the tabs on the inside of the box. Front and rear inside the box need to be sanded down. You can see where I sanded the bottom right tabs down-
IMG_4250 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4251 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4253 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4237 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

Here you can see the differences in the plugs. It won't fit, I tried. Thus having to retro fit the old switch into the new housing. The old housing wont fit onto the new door. '13 left and '07 right-
IMG_4233 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4236 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4230 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4257 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4256 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

IMG_4258 by Phantomhalo, on Flickr

Last edited:

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Thanks! Yeah I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Maybe later down the road I'll put red inserts in it but for now I'm happy.

Last edited:

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Superb, I glued mine qnd came out very good, but contemplated doing this, thanks for documenting and sharing

No problem! I had mine redone too, but they looked like crap after 2 years. I got a quote from a real upholstery shop and it was around $1k. When I heard I could do this I figured I didn't have much to lose...it's only money right?! Lol

Federico Garza

Established Member
I followed the youtube tutorials, and for $12 and about 2 hours or my time I think they came out very good.

I say good because I got a very small air bubble on the passenger side door. If they fall off again, im doing the 2010+ panels for sure.

View attachment 53658

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Yeah I didn't see the tutorials nor did I have the resources at the time I had my panels redone. I paid a shop to do it but he used staples and all sorts of stuff to hold the new material on. So the panel was toast. Thus I went this route instead of paying $1k to get the old ones redone, again.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Just drove it around today and one added bonus was that the stupid buzzing from the driver's side window switch/speaker area when music is playing is gone! It sounds much better and firm all the way around.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Turned out really well, if I hadn't purchased inserts from redline goods and had an upholstery shop glue them on I'd probably do this. Can't believe an upholstery shop quoted a grand to redo them. Cost me a couple hundred tops. I even got blue to match my Vista Blue exterior.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Turned out really well, if I hadn't purchased inserts from redline goods and had an upholstery shop glue them on I'd probably do this. Can't believe an upholstery shop quoted a grand to redo them. Cost me a couple hundred tops. I even got blue to match my Vista Blue exterior.

Yeah the quote kind of surprised me. I was thinking maybe $500 for the custom stuff I wanted done but $1k was pretty steep.

Users who are viewing this thread