Another easy install - HE, OEM x3 tank and Tstat

1st usa car

Established Member
First time taking off the bumper... it was a breeze. Just put the car on ramps and attacked all the dang bolts. Everything went pretty smoothly. OEM Take offs and replaced with new units.

Nothing special to report... except it seems my systems air burped themselves.

Love the mod friendly platform -- running out of things to do.

Updated T-Stat tune from VMP -- all is good for me.

1st usa car

Established Member
Unofficial results -- Typical humid 90 degree day in Florida. OEM gauge is normally half way between 6 and 5 o' clock. Running around doing errands and sitting in the Chick-fila drive thru forever--- OEM gauge was sitting half way between 7 and 6 o'clock. No problems getting into boost after the long wait in drive-thru.

I never attempted to touch my OEM HE -- but I currently have the lower grille out and after driving & idle for over 40mins... I touched the LFP HE and it was warm but easy to touch.

Those are the results - defn not hard numbers but enough to state the obvious... upgraded my cooling system.

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
Yeah - that would be a hell no. Wife will defn give me a hard time -- when the car is down for a week.... then its towed to the nearest shop.:lol1:

Lol I hear ya man, day 2 I was starting to question if I even liked cars anymore.

Glad you are having fun with the mod bug. I know I did while building mine.

1st usa car

Established Member
My possible list is shrinking -- maybe a driveshaft or UCA. If I am not too lazy and a cheap one comes around, I can step down to a 2.4 pulley 'VMP pulley remover in the garage' ----Also, day dream about a quick mild port when the wife is out of the country.

Nothing essential or life threatening... I think I got all those mods done. Speaking of life threatening - I should have the OEM tires worn out by fall -- but that is not a real mod- that is maintenance.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
One of the main reasons I bought the GT500, is the ease of servicing and modifying it. Foreign (both Asian and European) cars with 610hp+ (what I have with a pulley and tune), require specialized parts, tools, and a fat wallet to modify and service. Local speed shop charged me $50 to install brake pads, when I was unable to work on the car myself. Try getting your rear pads changed at Porsche for $50. Local Nissan dealer can't even fix our brand new Altima, yet they are a "certified" GTR dealership. I can't buy a car that can't be fixed by a dealership selling it. The German crowd, same but different problem. The Germans can FIX your car, but you are going to pay for it. $150/hr+ service rates, and expensive platforms for even basic upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread