Another great KB tune from Strictly!

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Richard from Strictly was able to get me almost 600rwhp today! I've got a KB with a 17lb pulley, stock injectors, stock MAF, and KB BAP. The A/F is nice and safe and the timing is fairly conservative as well. This was done using 93 octane Exxon pump gas.

See graph

The graph shows STD numbers and the SAE numbers were slightly lower, about 587rwhp and 524rwtq. He had to start the pulls at a fairly high rpm because my stock clutch is about gone. I've got a Centerforce coming; just waiting on the flywheel.

Thanks again Richard!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Not bad!! I'd be worried about getting on it with stock injectors though!

coleman

Established Member
so, where did your MAF peg? about 6100? cuz your A/F rises slightly after that...

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
I was worried about the stock injectors before we started tuning. I even had a bigger pulley on hand in case we couldn't make it safe. But we actually had to take some gas out from 4k to 5k, it was too rich!

Coleman, I think you're right. The A/F curve starts to rise at about 6100 and it's probably because the MAF is pegged. I will eventually get 55# injectors and recalibrate the MAF, but this will work for now.

coleman

Established Member
my MAF pegs @ 5500 but my tuner was able to make the A/F go rich instead of lean after that point.
i'd rather burn gas than pistons...

in search of a MAF alternative...

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Why didnt you just put the 55lb injectors to start with? I think they are a wise investment..but congrats on the numbers, not bad at all for 17psi and pump gas.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by LTHL PSI
Why didnt you just put the 55lb injectors to start with? I think they are a wise investment..but congrats on the numbers, not bad at all for 17psi and pump gas.

Yea. The sock injector is done around 620rwhp. You have almost no overhead.

EngCon

Established Member
Great numbers Jack - Richard cleaned the tune up pretty good!
Thanks for the parts, I will replenish your stock soon.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread