Another idler pulley question.. (Sorry)

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
I'm sure this has been beaten to death on here, but thought I would post up as my SearchFu is not what you would call "strong".

I have a Steeda 2.81 upper that will be going on in the next few weeks so I am getting the rest of my parts in order. I have my eyes on a 100mm double ball bearing idler set. My question is two parts. First, if I replace all stock idlers with 100mm idlers do I still need to get the aux idler + bracket? Second, assuming I can run JUST the 100mm idlers, do I still need to go with the shorter belt? Lower pulley is stock at this point.

Sorry again guys, I'm sure this has been covered thousands of times. I appreciate the help. :read:

bigmoose

Established Member
Yes, you still need the aux and bracket. The other idles do not do anything to help belt wrap around the SC pulley, thus preventing belt slip. The place you buy the idlers from should know the belt size needed.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Replace them all, as the stockers have been known to grenade. You should be able to reuse the stock belt (75.1") if you run the 2.81 and replace all the idlers.

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
Continuing with the thread , If im using 2.93" pulley , but i want to change to 2.76" , I have to change my belt ? What size should i need?, I have right now this one 75.5"................K080755...............4080755 , And i got the 4 idlers double bearing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread