"Another" Just Dynoed

Pinche Perros

Established Member
I just installed my 2.93 w/4lbs lower and single idler. Three pulls were made at Strickly and here they go (all done in 30 min intervals):

Pull 1: 440 hp/475 tq A/F 12.2
Pull 2: 440 hp/503 tq A/F 12.2
Pull 3: 446 hp/502 tq A/F 11.9

Additional mods already installed:
K&N FIPK
Bassani Cat-Back
Bassani X w/cats

Are these numbers where they should be?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I made more power than that with just a 2.93 upper, CAI, and cat-back. But your torque looks OK. Maybe a little on the low side.

I made 446/465 (hp/Tq) with the mods I just listed and an A/F of 11.8 and timing set at 22*.

-Jeff

ArmaN

Established Member
chipped?

those numbers seem a little on the low side. it should be around 480 mark

Last edited:

Pinche Perros

Established Member
Yes chipped, I thought the HP was low myself with the TQ a little above the vincinity of where it should have been. I know my K&N is fairly dirty and the oil needs to be changed. I'm not sure how much of a difference the K&N would have if it were clean.

YELL03

Established Member
Pinche Perros -

Something does not sound right.

Did you do new colder plugs?
I run Motorcraft ASGF12FM1F4 gapped at 0.032

My 03 Cobra with a 2.8, 73.5" gatorback, no idlers, cai, catback, and a SCT tune made 440rwhp/478rwtq SAE with a 11.5 a/f.
I still run the stock midpipe with cats.

After adding a Stieg Stage IV port along with a Ported TB & PL, and SCT maf for safety, it made 492rwhp/481rwtq SAE, but not right away.
At first it made 466rwhp/448rwtq SAE, then we manually did the Boost bypass and this jumped the #s up considerably.
A few more tweaks to the tune by Dale at Axcelerated Motorsports and we gained all that rwhp and got our torque up a bit too on a 12.0 a/f.

Your torque #s look OK, not great but OK, but you are missing about 20rwhp (if blower is not ported) and I think you have at least 20rwtq left on the table also.

Maybe they went fairly conservative on the tune if the blower is not ported due to excess heat.

Hope this info helps and Good luck.

Howard

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO your torque number is right about where I would expect it to be. But I do agree that you are losing about 20rwhp somewhere. With a 2.90 upper only I made 448rwhp and 460rwtq on a hot and humid day (457rwhp and 480rwtq with the same mods on a cool and dry day). My mods at the time were almost identical to yours except that I had a stock lower). Strickly knows their stuff so you should talk to them. There's more power there to be had IMO.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
What kind of dyno?

+1 for more information .. what type of dyno was this done on?

What are your other supporting mods?

Crowley

Hye

Established Member
How was the a/f reading taken? Little lean for my taste...bring the a/f at wot down to 11.5/7 (a/f taken with a sensor in the bung, not a tailpipe)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We really need to see the dyno chart posted to take a peek at the A/F curve. And also confirm it is a Dynojet.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Crowley said:
+1 for more information .. what type of dyno was this done on?

What are your other supporting mods?

Crowley

I didn't see a ported blower listed .. is this correct? You may want to get that blower ported .. you are generating alot of heat :)

Crowley

04torchred

Established Member
Pinche Perros said:
I just installed my 2.93 w/4lbs lower and single idler. Three pulls were made at Strickly and here they go (all done in 30 min intervals):

Pull 1: 440 hp/475 tq A/F 12.2
Pull 2: 440 hp/503 tq A/F 12.2
Pull 3: 446 hp/502 tq A/F 11.9

Additional mods already installed:
K&N FIPK
Bassani Cat-Back
Bassani X w/cats

Are these numbers where they should be?

Were those numbers dynoed before you installed all the exhaust stuff? If so then that is explaining the off hp numbers

Pinche Perros

Established Member
All of the mods were done before the dyno and I forgot to list the spark plugs were installed as well. I can't remember at the top of my head the exact name, but I will post them later tonight though. It was done on a Dyno Jet.

I did let him know that I needed it to be "safe" which was probably interpreted as "Really Conservative". I'll do my best to get the graph up tonight. Scanner has been acting up lately.

I chose not to port the blower because I wanted to stay below 500 hp due to the lack of finances needed to upgrade everything else like the injectors, fuel system, etc. This is my only means of transportation and I had to save up to do what I've done to it thus far so being safe is my main priority.

All in all the car feels strong as hell and very light.

JMD0346

Established Member
That looks bout right for a none ported upper/lower car. Like Crowley said. Youre just making heat without a port done. The low numbers are because of heat soak.

IMO I would pull the lower off and run the upper only untill you get it ported. You'll probably make more rwhp and about 40-50 less rwtq with the upper only.

Users who are viewing this thread