Another LFP SBTB issue

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i too with my accufab(and whipple setup) can push the tb shut further with my hand and lower the rpms even more... i had an issue of it hanging around 1,300 rpms

in searching high and low i came across the issue you are having too and couldnt find an answer, the tb wasnt closing all the way... i could close it more with my hand and the rpms would drop to 8-900

i thought this was my issue... the tps was at .98 so i thought my tb was hanging up, i took it off and it isnt.. i finally said to hell with it and just drove it

after a few weeks with the new setup the computer "learned" the new setup and it started coming down quicker and not hanging as often... it still every now and then will hang around 1,1-1,200 for a bit (sometimes a minute or so) then it will lower... for some reason its like the tps just doesnt work well with sbtb's on most of our cars(hanging idles when going sbtb is a very common issue so dont go run and buy an accufab and think your issue will be solved!) ... the tb sticking open a hair was Not my issue... as when the rpms DO drop to 900 or so .. the tb can still be closed more with my hand to lower it to about 6-700

as to why the tb wants to hang open a hair i have no clue, i just assumed it had to do with back pressure or some crap i dont understand anyway... but i am fine with it now, the every now and then hanging alittle high i can deal with

so it apppears i had the same issues you are having...

when you push the tb closed with your hand manually... does it close relatively easy? or does it feel like your are galging the bore when doing this? i doubt you are but if so then it is rubbing, if it closes easily but as you tap the throttle it sticks open again then it seems you are having this issue i was

whats even more crazy is the blade can be resting on the stop screw... but when i crank the car the blade will then not be touching the screw anymore, it opens a hair on its own.. Without Me Even Blipping The Throttle At All! ..... my problem went away over time for the most part tho.. my suggestion is to make sure your tps is set at .98 volts (if you dont trust your handheld or whatever you are using.. then check it with safety pins and a volt meter) .. .97-.99 is where you'd like it to be... then drive the car this way for about 100 miles stop and go.. mine simply corrected itself over time

hope this helps!

Last edited:

davidbcasey

Established Member
Thank you for the info. My car is doing exactly what you describe. I bought an Accufab already...we shall see if that fixes it, but it sounds like it wont.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
That is where I have it...problem is, the idle will hang when I push the gas.

welcome to the world of many of us

...the problem is not that you cant get the car to idle down to where you want after a while of sitting.. its when you give it gas or are driving and come to a stop .. it hangs up ... it pisses me off too and there is no explaination

Users who are viewing this thread