Another mod, another issue...

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Not a big deal, but I replaced my stock headlights with tinted ones recently, and now the warning tone no longer sounds when the lights are turned on (or left on) with the ignition off.

And now the best part: There's no electronics in the new lights. They're just a shell that you use the existing light sockets with. The lights work fine, but no tone...

WTF? Can anything EVER go right when I mod my car??? :shrug:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Not a big deal, but I replaced my stock headlights with tinted ones recently, and now the warning tone no longer sounds when the lights are turned on (or left on) with the ignition off.

And now the best part: There's no electronics in the new lights. They're just a shell that you use the existing light sockets with. The lights work fine, but no tone...

WTF? Can anything EVER go right when I mod my car??? :shrug:

Now that IS odd. I can't imagine how that's in any way related to changing the headlights, more so coincidence...

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Check your book for a headlight warning relay fuse. May be blown from those euro-altezzas you had. If the relay isn't dead it could be in the switch itself.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Check your book for a headlight warning relay fuse. May be blown from those euro-altezzas you had. If the relay isn't dead it could be in the switch itself.

Actually, I switched the projector beam headlights back to the stockers late last summer, and the warning tone was working fine until I just switched to the new tinted shells. I did unplug the sockets from the wiring harnesses when I made the switch, though. Maybe I blew something then? I'll check my fuse box...

Whatever, it's barely an annoyance, really. I just don't want it to cost me a battery, because I usually run with the parking/fog lights on during daytime and I rely on that warning tone a LOT!

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
On that note, I realized that mine either doesn't work or I don't have one in my car. Sadly I left my headlights on a few nights ago while I was in a movie. Push starting for the win!

LadyJame

Proud wife of a NAVY Vet!
Established Member
Maybe these shells are for Shelby's?

:uh oh::uh oh::uh oh::uh oh::uh oh::uh oh::uh oh:

Or maybe it has something to do with that Dodge he has it sitting next to it...I always heard they gave off bad vibes. I just didn't know it was enough to blow fuses!:poke:

convert03cobra

Established Member
The ding is still there. You just need to put your hearing aid back in. You need to remember to do this after you work on the car old man. haha

Users who are viewing this thread