Another MT-82 issue

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
When leaving the house earlier today I was shifting to 3rd with no load on the gearbox around 25mph. It would no go into gear and finally I slammed it into 3rd. Immediately started hearing a whining sound followed by what sounded like something bouncing around inside the case. Limped it home, less than a mile, in 2nd. This gearbox what put in the car in August, and then taken back out for leaking a few weeks later. Getrag never installed an input shaft seal. Sounds like a bad unit again. This will be the third in this car. Luckily I have the 7year 125K mile ESP Premium now, so I will get a loaner car while it is being repaired. Last time my work made me drive the car home everyday for the 5 weeks it took them to fix it, even though parts were all delivered less than a week from RO open.

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
Curious to how many miles you have on the car? I also have a 2014 Track pack. But if it won't go into a gear I don't go ahead and slam it in there. No serious issues with mine yet *knock on wood*

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
14,310 miles. The previous one was put in around 12,000 and then pulled out again with about 13,000. They refused to even look at my car for almost a month with the front seal leaking. The street in front of my house is completely covered in oil drops, looks like the 70s with all the oil leaks.

As far as slamming it into gear, it had already had issues with 2nd not being present when cold. I have only owned cars with a manual gearbox, and I have never had an issue with any of them. My Volvo S60R had a Getrag made M-66 gearbox that was flawless, that unit was made in Germany.

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
It took them so long to fix the car because I am an employee at the dealership and "actual paying customers take priority" over employee cars. Not even getting into the fact the car was vandalized on the lot and pushed into a fence while under the care of my work, to which I was told that "it was my fault" the damage occurred and threatened with being terminated if I did not provide a "completely satisfied" response on my customer service survey.

scott_0

Established Member
is your car modified at all? reason I ask is, I was denied warranty on my mt82 on Friday because of the "chip" long tube headers and "slicks" which are actually Mickey Thompson Street Comps lol the words in quotations is what the service advisor said to me smh

redline5.0

Established Member
is your car modified at all? reason I ask is, I was denied warranty on my mt82 on Friday because of the "chip" long tube headers and "slicks" which are actually Mickey Thompson Street Comps lol the words in quotations is what the service advisor said to me smh

Do you have any other dealer you can take it too. I would try another one even if you did have to travel a little further. I have 3 dealers in my area and usually between the 3 one of them will take care of me.

scott_0

Established Member
Do you have any other dealer you can take it too. I would try another one even if you did have to travel a little further. I have 3 dealers in my area and usually between the 3 one of them will take care of me.
yes, I have a few others I could try. its just such a damn hassle. almost feel Id be better off having this one actually improved upon, Im not hard on this car at all, never been to the track actually, and most likely wont, so I dont need a bullet proof tansmission, but I want one that shifts nicely and will take my modest 412rwhp lol

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member

Borla ATAK catback that my work installed when the factory gearbox was replaced. It also has BMW driveshaft loops that the dealer installed, and Stoptech braided stainless brake lines that I installed.

As far as going to another dealer, I work at this one. I could always have it towed to Buellton or Ventura, but the hassle wouldn't be worth it.

bullet3z

Established Member
So to have your car repaired fast and not being vandalized is not worth it? I would imagine you are still making payments on the car? If so then making payments on something that is broke is no fun.

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
Wow thats ****ed the dealership you work at would treat you that way. Also curious about mods and how the dealship will act. Never had good luck before when it comes to that. Seems like every dealership would rather blame it on one thing or another so they dont have to fix it.

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
Drove it into work today, 1st, 2nd, and 4th gave out. It is like there are no synchros at all on those gears. I just pulled onto the service drive, and they took care of it. I had to use 2 hands to force the shifter in 1st with the car stationary and the clutch pedal all the way down.

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
6DBF2047-9D8A-4A96-B9D4-29C40AADF58E_zpsuxfvtb8o.jpg

New assembly showed up yesterday. Ford should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such a vital component on a car like the Mustang to be made in a 3rd world country. Not only as a life long Ford owner, dealer employee, but as a shareholder, this is embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread